Chapter 16

I DON'T OWN PICTURE

Chara feel tired, bruised and emotional. Fighting against that orc has bring up some ugly old memories. She feel armor around her soul crack and tears form in her eyes. She growl to herself and wipe them angrily away, ignoring the pain. "Winter?" Loki ask worried. Chara turn to look at him. She see in his eyes that Loki has seen crack in her. "Thanks for telling me. Can you now go, I need some rest. Please." Chara say and wave toward door. Loki frown. "You sure?" Chara nod, evading his eyes. Loki sigh and rise up. "If you're sure?" He try one last time at door. "I'm sure." she answer sternly. Loki nod and close the door. Chara sigh and let couple tears slip down. "Fuck." She whisper to herself. Kiba whine softly and poke her hand. Chara mindlessly pet him. "Everything will be okay Kiba. I can fix this." She assure, not sure does she speak to him or herself. Chara decide to try get some sleep, it is already dark outside. She pull blanket better on her and sigh tiredly. "Everything will work out." She whisper to herself before falling to sleep.

"I don't need useless child like you." Woman spit to her and turn to walk away. "Don't leave me mother. I can be useful." Five year old Chara beg after her. Woman didn't turn back, Chara fall and cry after her. Then scene chance. Chara stand in throne room front of old man on throne. "She cannot stay here." "She is just a child!" Man on throne and woman argue. She stand there quietly, tears streaming down her face. She feel so hopeless, she let her mother down, she don't want her. "She can't stay in palace. No one can find out about her heritage." Man yell lastly and hit the floor with his spear. Woman glare at him. "Fine." She yell and turn to walk away. Woman grab her shoulder and lead her away. "We will find you some nice place to grow up." Woman say gently to her.

Scene chance again. She is now teenager, training with his adoptive father. Older couple adopted her. Woman handle her gently and man always encourage her to try new things. Chara feel happy, she want still to prove everyone, that she could be useful and train hard everyday with sword. She has also learn to use bow. News of Queen's pregnancy spread out Asgard. 

Chara hear how her adoptive parents argue about something at night. She slip out of bed and tiptoe to hall. She stay in shadows. "King will send someone after her. He won't let her live." Mother try to convince father. "He isn't that kind of king." Father try to assure. "Not that kind? He lock up his daughter and wipe every other evidence about her beside her!" She answer angrily out of fear. "He wo-" Suddenly someone knock on door. "Open the door in the name of your king!" Guard yell behind door. 

Chara come out of shadows and walk toward door. She almost got to grab door handle when her father pull her back. "No Chara." She whisper and push her in mother's arms. "Go, you know what to do dear." Man say and grab his old sword. "Father-" Chara try. Father put his finger over her lips and kiss her forehead. "I will always love and believe in you my little girl." He say and push them toward back door. Chara hear mother sob but do as they clearly has planned. Her mother drag her out from living room. She hear front door got kicked in. Then his father let battle scream and swords collide. Chara try to get out her mother's arms. "We need to help." She say and tears slid to her cheeks. Then she hear sound that hound her for the rest of her life, his father dying groan. 

Next scene is how her mother give her backpack full of supplies. "Survive. But promise me, no matter what, you won't attack Asgard." "Mother." Chara cry. "Promise me. You won't do that, you won't kill the king or any royalty. You won't drown yourself in hatred and revenge." She plead. "I promise." Chara whisper. Her mother kiss her forehead. "There is some weapons, my old armor and other supplies. Survive, live my child. Our joy." She whisper to her and start her spell. Chara feel how some portal start to swirl around her. Her mother just got spell ready and smile her warmly when arrow go through her throat. She try to stop bleeding with her hands in vain. "NO!" Chara scream, ice coming from her fingertips and drop inside portal.

Chara jump on sitting position, scream on her lips and arms forward, trying desperately to get her mother. Chara feel tears in her face. She sigh sadly, Kiba whine and poke her side. "I'm fine Kiba." She whisper and pet his head. Kiba whine and lay back down. Chara pull knees on her chest and bury face on them. She continue to pet Kiba. "I haven't had that dream in long time." She mumble to herself. Then someone bang her door and try to open it. "Winter, open up!" Loki yell other side of door and bang it again. Chara sigh and let Loki to get inside her barrier. Chara rise her head when Loki rush inside. He has her daggers in hands, ready to fight. Chara smile a little of sight. "I hear you scream." Loki tell after making sure there isn't any threats inside. 

Chara sigh and plop back down. "I hope you were only one." She answer sadly. Loki move to sit next to her in bed. "I don't think so, they are all too tired to wake up by that." He comfort Chara. Chara can see his worried stare. She try to smile comforting. "I'm fine, some bad dream." She say softly. Loki frown. "Didn't sound like one." He doubt. Chara roll her eyes. "I can handle myself, oh mighty God. I have been doing that in very, very long time." She snap at him. "Wow." Loki whisper and smirk. Chara frown in confusion. "You call me God." Loki tease Chara. Chara roll her eyes again. "No, I mean. You call me just God, not with my nickname or that I'm just Thor's brother. Simply... God." He explain. 

Chara smile to Loki. "You are not just Thor's brother. You are not just God of Mischief and Lies. You are you, no more no less. You are prince of Asgard, a God, Jotun or not." Chara answer smiling. Loki's smirk drop after she mention his Jotun heritage. He turn to look at his lap. Chara frown at first but then sight sadly. She push herself to sit on knees next to Loki. She bite back hiss of pain couple times. Kiba look confused between them two. Chara put gently her left hand top of Loki's in his lap. Loki rise his head. "It isn't something you should be ashamed. We cannot choose our heritage. Our blood don't define us, only our actions do that." Chara comfort him with gently smile. "I have already prove to everyone I am bad." Loki whisper sadly. 

Chara force her right hand to grab Loki's chin and make him look at her. "No one bad is ever truly bad and no one good is ever truly good. It always depends who's side of story you are part of." Chara tell to him. Loki stare at her. Chara drop her hand gently. "Fuck that hurt." She whisper and gently massage her right arm. Loki start to chuckle. Chara look at him smiling. "You really are something I have never met before, Winter." Loki chuckle. Chara smile for a while until her smile drop. Loki frown. Chara take deep breath in. "My real name is Chara... Chara Heladottir." Chara whisper out and look at Loki scared, waiting his reaction. Loki stare at her confuse. "Heladottir?" He ask. Chara's mouth drop. "You don't know about her?" Loki shake his head. Chara stare at him shocked. Then she burst in hysterical laughter.