Ashaangi SS Entwined Pt V

Author's note

I have an Instagram account specially for my writings. Its @ inkedby_nan This is where I'm planning to post my new Ashaangi OS exclusively for Instagram readers. If interested to read, do follow my page and support.

~ * ~

Disclaimer

This story is a piece of fiction based on the author's imagination and has nothing to do with the actual life of the characters mentioned in the story. I have casted Ashwinkumar and Sivaangi Krishnakumar as leads.

~ * ~

Ashaangi SS Entwined

Part Five

Sivaangi was half expecting Ashwin to roll his eyes at her and half expecting to change the topic as he always does but her eyes widen in shock when he said,

"Ama, unaku dhan samaika theriyathey. Namma kalyanam ku aprm onna dhana irupom. Sapdanum na daily order panite iruka mudiyathu la. Naan samachu dhaney aganum. Vera vali"

Ashwin didn't know how to initiate the marriage topic. So, he said it in a flow. He wanted to know Sivaangi's decision before he speaks to Baba Baskar.

Sivaangi's eyes widen in surprise. She may sound dumb or slow most of the time but that wasn't how her system works when things that concerns her whole life are being discussed. Her mind went back to how Ashwin reacted to her teasing, how he smiled at her and behaved with her in the past few hours.

And now, with Ashwin's subtle proposal, Sivaangi wasn't dumb to catch up on things. Like she thought, she was supposed to be happy that Ashwin agreed to marry her but strangely she wasn't.

Ashwin trained his eyes on Sivaangi who grew silent, her eyebrows scrunched in confusion, a frown adorning her face as her lips were slightly part and her eyes stayed on her plate rather than on him.

Sivaangi's mind was filled with various thoughts, her frown turned into a thin line as her face went blank before she lifted her eyes to look up at Ashwin.

"Nalaiku kalyanam panikalam" Ashwin said as he stared right into Sivaangi's eyes, "Master elam ready paniduren nu solirukaru"

Ashwin's hand reached out to Sivaangi's to hold her hand as he talked but she took a sharp intake of breath and pulled her hand back, out of his reach making him pause.

Sivaangi heaved a long sigh before pursing her hands together and look up at Ashwin. He got alarmed when he realized her eyes were at the verge of pooling with tears.

Ashwin watched in anticipation as Sivaangi opened her mouth to say something but closed in mid before shaking her head. She was struggling to form words, her mind racing with various thoughts at once that she couldn't find it in her to effectively voice out her thoughts.

"Yethachum enta solanum ah?" Ashwin asked putting Sivaangi out of misery as she looked up with him.

To think that the person you have loved for seven years only wants to marry you because of a tough situation made Sivaangi's heart feel heavy. She knew she can't expect him to love her right away. She was the one who was teasing about marriage and stuff but the thought that its forced and not out of his own ill made her feel lost.

"Ashwin" Sivaangi took a sharp intake of breath, "Neenga master kaga matum dha-"

Ashwin was quick to understand what Sivaangi's thinking. He quickly reached for her hand, made her stop in middle and look up at her.