Ashaangi OS Kutty Pattas

Disclaimer: This work is a piece of fiction based on the author's imagination and has nothing to do with the actual lives of Ashwinkumar and Sivaangi Krishnakumar. Have that in mind while reading.

~ * ~

Ashaangi OS Kutty Pattas

Sivaangi Ashwinkumar was surprised when her neighbor lady opened her apartment door. Her neighbor, Mrs. Rajkumar moved aside making space for Sivaangi to walk in as she greeted Sivaangi with a smile which Sivaangi reciprocated.

"Ashwin thambi um Ashvaa papa um veliya poerukanga ma. Sivash ku etho assignment irukam. Athan thambi ena Sivash ah pathuka solitu poerukan" Mrs. Rajkumar filled in.

Sivaangi thanked Mrs. Rajkumar who left with a smile. She walked inside the apartment wondering where her husband and elder daughter went leaving behind her son at 7 in the evening. Her eyes scanned the living room for any trace of her boy but he wasn't around. But her eyes fell on her family portrait, warmness seeping inside her heart.

Ashwin and Sivaangi sat on a couch while Ashvattha, their daughter was at Ashwin's lap and their son, Sivash was at hers as the whole family smiled at the camera, dimple adorning all four cheeks and they were dressed uniformly in purple.

Sivaangi has been called as woman child for most part of her young adult life even after she got married. Motherhood is something which many thought would be too difficult for her. Though she had her downs, she managed it well thanks to her husband who guided her throughout her pregnancy and also in raising their kids.

"Sivash?" Sivaangi hollered as she placed her bag on the couch.

"Ammmaaa" Sivaash said as he rushed to the living room from his room on hearing his mother's voice.

A smile grew on Sivaangi's tired face on seeing her son who hugged her waist and bounced. She ruffled her son's hair fondly as she said,

"Ena sirey, assignment mudicha cha?"

Sivash broke the hug and stepped back from Sivaangi giving her a sheepish smile as he scratched his hair with his hand. She bit back her smile, placed her hands on her hips and gave her son a pointed look making the boy give out a toothy smile.

"Maa, enaku ena vangitu vandhinga?" Sivash diverted the topic as he launched himself towards Sivaangi's bag excitedly.

"Onum vangitu varlayeh" Sivaangi said sitting down on the couch and took her bag in her hand.

"Apo na keta dessert?" Sivash pouted trying to reach Sivaangi's bag which she kept higher in her hand out of Sivash's reach.

"Athan onga appa Sunday sunday vaga vagaya pani thararey. Athu podhadha da unaku?" Sivaangi said as she ruffled her son's hair making him whine and added, "Seri, nee motha solu assignment paniya ilaya?"

"Panite iruken, Maa" Sivash said giving a sheepish smile and added, "Neenga poi dhaney solringa. Enakaga dessert surprise ah vachurukinga dhaney?"

"Ama ivarukaga surprise ah vaikuranga" Sivaangi said sarcastically and added, "Olunga poe assignment panu. Ilana unaku matum ila, enakum onga appa ta irundhu lecture vilum"

As Sivash was busy sulking, Sivaangi shook her head in laughter at her son and gathers him in her arms as she recalled the similar counter, she received years ago from her Rakshan anna.

"Ena mathiriyeh irukiyeh da" Sivaangi said as Sivash garland his arms around her neck. She brushed her nose against Sivash's and added, "My cute boy"

"Apo na handsome ilaya Maa?" Sivash asked innocently with a pout making Sivaangi laugh.

"Nee handsome boy dhan, Sivuu kutty" Sivaangi chuckled as she caressed her son's cheek lovingly.