C H A P T E R E I G H T E E N

Start from the beginning

He showed his phone to Thea, and she looked. It showed an advertisement for a fancy golf club, with a big restaurant opposite. The smiled as she flicked through the photos shown, "Yeah looks perfect." she agreed. "Book it."

Max nodded. "Will do." He placed his phone back into his pocket and turned back to her, "Ooh, also while I'm here, do you have any idea what you're getting him? Like at all? 'Cause I'm stuck."

Just as Thea was about to answer, her phone rang, she turned to where the ringing was coming from, and turned back to Max. "I'll be back." she assured, before she stood up and walked into the kitchen where she had left it.

She examined the number on the screen, it was unknown, and she frowned, wondering who it might be. She answered the call, "Hello?"

"Ciao! Is this Dorothea James?" an Italian women answered from the other line.

"Uh- yes it is. Who's wondering?" Thea answered, slightly confused as to why someone from Italy was calling her.

"Ah good. I am Cecelia. I'm calling from Ferrari's Formula One Headquarters at Maranello." the woman informed her.

"Fe- Ferrari?" Thea asked, slightly breathless. She sat down on one of her kitchen stools, not really believing what was happening.

"Yes Signorina. I'm calling on behalf of Mattia Binotto, he would have called himself, but he's a very busy man." she said, chuckling slightly. "You're name was put forward by a Katy Fairman for a photographer job in our social media devision?"

Thea's eyes widened. Her mind flashed back to when she and Katy had been editing for WTF1, when Thea had come across a photographer job at Ferrari. Katy had out her name forward? "Uh, yes." she replied, not knowing exactly what she was supposed to say.

"Yes, we'll we've had a look at your work and we must say we very impressed. You've got a great eye."

"Thank you." Thea accepted the compliment, as she started to pick at her cuticles.

"We would like to offer you an interview for the job, if you're still interested?"

Dorothea's jaw became slack, and she almost fell off her stool. "Yes, yes please. Thank you."

"No problem. Could I take you're email? I can email you all the details of your appointment, and plane tickets hotels rooms, everything you need to know."

"Plane tickets?" Thea question.

"Yes the interview will be here in Maranello. Is that a problem for you at all?" Cecelia asked.

"No, no not at all." Thea assured.

"Alright then, you're email please Signorina?"

MAX heard Thea squeal from the kitchen and walked over to the doorway, leaning against it, "DJ you good?"

Thea turned around to him, grinning like a cheshire cat. "Ferrari just gave me a job interview."

Max's jaw dropped. "DJ that's amazing!" he gave her a big hug, "I didn't even know you'd applied for one!"

"Neither did I! Katy out my name forward." she said stepping back from the hug, still grinning. "We saw the advert one day and she must have applied for me after that."

"Why didn't you apply yourself?" Max wondered.

"Well I didn't want to 'cause it's Ferrari and obviously-" but she stopped herself mid sentence. Her smile dropped slightly.

Max frowned. "Obviously what?"

"McLaren and Ferrari." she said simply.

Max gave her an understanding look. Thea ran a hand down her face. "Oh god, I didn't even think."

"Hey, hey hey hey. Look I'm sure Lando's gonna' understand right?" Max tried to assure her. "I mean, Carlos went to Ferrari right? And they're really good friends so maybe it's not as a big of a deal as we thought?"

Thea nodded slightly, biting the inside of her lip. "No, you're right. It's not a big deal." She seemed to be trying to convince herself more than anything. "He'll be fine with it."

"Yeah, he'll be fine." Max echoed.

Thea's phone buzzed, and she picked it up. "That's Ferrari. They've emailed me all the details about the interview."

Her smile returned slightly as she read the details about the interview. "Wow, my flights been payed for. And my hotel. Jeez."

"The interview's in Italy? Cool." Max said, "When is it?"

"Uh, I don't know..." Thea said, as she scrolled through the email to find the date of her interview, but again, her heart dropped.

So did her expression, as Max asked her what was wrong.

"The interview is on the 13th of November." she said, quietly, bringing her hand up to her eyes.

"Oh shit." said Max.

————

DRAMAAAAAAA

also thea and max content >