Brothers Forever

NOTES: THE FOLLOWING IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT TO THEIR ORIGINAL OWNERS

Chapter 20: Brothers Forever

Mikey soon had the helmet removed when all of the sudden, he felt a joint pain coursing through his head as his memories started coming back, the good, the bad, the best, and the worst.

"Mikey?" Leo spoke in concern.

"M-My memories" Mikey grunted.

"It worked, the orb has helped him regain his memories" Donnie gasped in delight.

"Michelangelo, do you remember everything?" Splinter quizzed.

Michelangelo just nodded in silence before he looks down depressingly and sighed out: "I remember everything and...I'm so sorry"

"What are you talking about?" Raphael asked.

"I understand now how you feel with me in the past; you were right, I was annoying, stupid and even worthless as I still am" Mikey apologised in shame for how immature he acted in the past.

"Mikey, no" Leo shook his head.

"You don't have to lie, I see clearly how much of a nuisance I am" Mikey sadly said.

"You are not a nuisance; I will be honest you were a little annoying sometimes but hey, so were we at times. That's just brothers for you, Mikey. A lot of siblings are like that" Leonardo explained.

"And you're not stupid or worthless. You may not be the smartest but you are unique" Donnie comforted Mikey.

"And you are a tough guy like me, you know that? You kicked Virus's butt and showed him who's boss" Raphael happily chuckled, gently ruffling the young one's head.

Splinter smiles and stood up: "I'll leave you guys to talk this out"

"Wait, papa, don't go" Mikey begged as he tugged on a part of Splinter's robe.

"What is it, Mikey?" Leo asked.

"I...I..." Mikey started to which Splinter kneels next to Mikey: "What is it, Musuko?"

"I don't want to mess up again and make my brothers mad" Mikey quietly whimpered to his dad.

The turtles heard it regardless as their hearts ache at that. Is Mikey really afraid of messing up again and unintentionally getting his brothers mad at him again?

"Mike" Raphael gasped out in pity.

"My little sunshine, you will be alright. Your brothers wanted to say something to you about a few things" Splinter comforted Michelangelo.

He turns to the other turtles and gives them a look that they understand immediately as they don't intend to do what Mikey fears they would do.

When the humanoid rat left the dojo, the three older brothers scoot closer to Mikey who cuddled close to his blanket, anxious and afraid of what to do next.

"Hey, it's alright little bro; we're not gonna hurt you" Raphael cooed.

"But you had...you had hurt me" Mikey whimpered.

"We know...and we deeply regret everything we did that hurt you" Leonardo assured his baby brother.

"I'm sorry though...most of it was my fault that you guys hurt me" Mikey apologised.

"But you were also right about one thing, we always take the insults and everything one step too far with you; you were never like that with us" Donnie shamefully replied.