Brothers Clash

NOTES: THE FOLLOWING IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT TO THEIR ORIGINAL OWNERS

Chapter 14: Brothers Clash

The next morning Michelangelo awakes but something about him wasn't right to the family, the happy-go-lucky turtle was not the same since he was kidnapped.

Mikey seemed quiet, distant and depressed, much to everyone's concern. He wouldn't talk much or eat much or even resume doing the things he loves.

It's like whatever Midnight or Virus did to Mikey has completely destroyed the last bit of the poor soul that makes him the unique turtle he was.

Everyone tried to help him as much as they could, especially his brothers but they couldn't get a simple reaction like a laugh or a smile from Mikey.

He seemed healthy and recovering but inside of him, Mikey was depressed and lonely in his mind.

Outside the Shellraiser, the others gathered around for a small meeting and making sure Mikey doesn't hear them, less they worried that he might think he's in trouble again.

"Has Mikey opened up to anyone yet at all?" Donatello quizzed to which everyone shook their heads.

"I'm very concerned about Michelangelo. It isn't like him to be this way but I know it's because of Virus who I have no doubt made him this way" Splinter replied.

"Midnight did tell us at the ship that Virus somehow erased the good memories from Mikey's brain somehow with his interrogation tools at the ship" Leonardo points out.

"He can do that?" Casey asked in bewilderment.

"That alien hacked into the Kraang's drones with no sweat, created the Parasite with the mutagen and can portal anywhere he pleases; does it really surprise you that he can?" Raphael replied to Casey.

"Focus, guys; we need to find a way to help Mikey" said Leo.

"Didn't you say you brought that strange memory orb to help Mikey, Don?" April asked.

"I'm trying to find a way to see that this device can store memories like a USB drive and if we think of the happiest memories of Michelangelo, it should help him regain all his memories, especially all the great things that make our little brother who he is," Donnie explained.

"Yeah; remember how he rescued us from Dimension X?" Raphael asked his brothers.

"He was quite the brave hero back there" Leonardo happily nodded.

"Indeed, I never admit it but I was actually very proud of him" Donnie chuckled.

"We're all proud of how far Michelangelo has come as a ninja and the kind person he is," Splinter agreed.

"Do you think he remembers being Midnight and what he did to our enemies, especially the Foot Clan?" Karai quizzed in concern.

"He told me and Donatello that he has no recollection of anything besides that day he chose to remain behind at Virus's ship" Kirby pointed out.

"We must not let him know about what happened to him as Midnight. It would destroy him badly" Splinter sadly replied.

"Poor Mikey, he didn't deserve this," Leonardo sighed, feeling saddened for his baby brother.

Unaware of the group, Mikey was awake and could hear them; he had no recollection of what happened when he was Midnight and to hear what they implied he did to their enemies, made the turtle more concerned and scared.

He wanted to know what happened and what he did that he quietly sees the orb that Donnie was talking about before he sees a small test tube that had Mikey's blood for testing as he pours the blood into the orb.