chapter 1 {welcome to new york}

You step out of the cab and get your bags from the back of the cab, which were filled with everything you owned. "Good luck" the taxi driver said. "Thank you" you replied. You watched the cab drive away and turned around when it was out of view. Before you was an old big building, your school which was gonna be your new home. You walked inside and looked for your dorm.

You found it quickly and walked in, luckily you were there before your roommate so you could get settled in before you had to face the pressure of interacting with another person. You only had 2 bags with you, one with clothes and one with some personal stuff and you had your guitar with you. You placed the bag of clothes in your closet. You opened your other bag and grabbed a picture frame with a picture of your parents in it. You stared at it before you placed it on your nightstand and laid down on your bed. How were you gonna do this, you thought to yourself.

You moved to New York for a fresh start, but maybe it was a bit more ambisieusambitious than you thought. You lived all your live in the Netherlands, a small country in Europe. You always loved it there but when your parents died you just needed to get away, start over. But you still had no idea why you had to choose New York of all places in the world.

You were ripped out of your thoughts when the door opened. "Hi" a girl say enthusiastically. "hi" you said back shyly. "I'm Emma" she said walking up to you sticking out her hand. "y/n" you said shaking her hand. "You're new here right, aren't you like so excited to be here!" she almost shouted. "i guess" you said shyly you were never really good at talking to people, especially when you had to speak in English, since that wasn't your first language. "I'm so excited to see the boys again, see how hot they turned over the summer, are you going to the party tonight?" she asked you. "No" you said shortly. "Oh come on, this is supposed to be the time of your life, you're coming with me tonight, do you have something to wear?" she asked you while she got rid of her pink sweater, leaving her in just her bra. "i uhh" you said, surprised seemed so confident. She opened your closet and zipped open the bag. "oh uhm, that's mine" you said unsure of what she was doing. "Are these everything you brought?" she asked you in shock. "Yes, that's all i own" you said trying to sound as American as you could. "You're not from here are you?" Emma said turning around and looking at you. "Are you from Texas or something?" she asked you. "something like that" you said back vaguely, knowing you would definitely be the odd one out if you told her you were from Europe, they would immediately know you didn't belong here.

You were lost in your thought when you felt a soft fabric touch your head. "You can wear one of my dresses" she said as you looked at the light blue dress. "i don't" you started. "Go get changed, i know they always say to be late in movies but that is not real life, the party starts in 30 minutes so quick, i claim the bathroom first" she said rushing into your shared bathroom. You looked at the dress, you would never wear something like this but you decided to just try it out maybe the change was good.

 You looked at the dress, you would never wear something like this but you decided to just try it out maybe the change was good

"OMG you. look. amazing!" Emma said screaming looking at you in the dress. "i don't know about this" you said. "Oh come on, everyone is gonna be there, students and even teachers, i heard they hired a new teacher and i heard rumors he was super-hot" she said. "Sit down i'm gonna do your hair and make-up" she said. You sat down in a chair near your desk and Emma started doing your make-up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You arrived at the party and you could hear the loud music from outside. "Come on!" Emma shouted and drag you inside, straight to the bar. She got 2 shots and handed one to you. You downed the shot, you were gonna need this. "That's more like it" Emma said before ordering 4 more shots. You both downed two shot and you already felt better. "Emma!!" a girl screamed as she ran up to her. "OMG Sophie hi!" Emma screamed back at the girl. "Who's this" the girl said looking at you with a gross look on her face. "This is my new roommate y/n" Emma said introducing you. "hi" you said sticking your hand out but Sophie refused it and went to talk with Emma. A second later a boy joined, and he and Emma started making out so you decided to leave.

You walked through the crowed, a beer in hand. You were lost in your thought that you to bump into someone spilling your beer all over the dress you were wearing. "I'm so sorry" the person who you bumped into said. You looked up and were met with 2 of the most beautiful blue eyes you've ever seen. "No i'm sorry it was my fault" you said back, trying to rub the beer out of the dress which made it even worse. "Don't rub it, you're making it worse" he said back. "Shit, this isn't my dress" you said, you had no idea why you were still talking to him. "Do you have some soda? You should try pouring it on the dress and then wash it out with water. It's a trick my mom used when i got wine stains in my shirt, always worked" he said with a smile on his face. You looked at the person before you, he was really good looking and so sweet. "Thank you" you said to him. "No problem, hey, do you happen to know where the restroom is, i'm new here" he said. "i have no idea, i'm new here too" you said smiling at him. "Ah have to find someone else who can tell me then" he said "see you around" he said before he walked away. Your eyes followed him until he disappeared in the crowd. You really hoped he had the same classes as you because you definitely wanted to get to know him more.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You woke up the next morning and got ready for your first classes today. Emma already left or she didn't return after the party, you didn't really know. You walked up to the first class of today and were shocked as you saw who the teacher was. It was the guy from last night. "Hello class" he began "I'm Professor Stan, let's start"