Ch. 1 First Date

One of the most nerve-wracking elements of online-dating is taking things from online to in-person. With things going smooth via text and chat, how is it going to transfer in the real world? Will the person you've fallen for virtually feel the same in-person?And then, there's the question of will you and the online person you're chatting with like what they see in person? Will you live up to your pictures? Will the pictures of the person you're chatting with match the person you meet?

So many questions filled Jordan's mind as she prepared to meet Dan, the guy she'd been speaking to non-stop virtually for the past few months. Jordan and Dan met on a dating app where users fill out surveys of their like-dislikes, and interest, and then based on the surveys, the app links people up to chat. Jordan enjoyed this app more than the superficial apps where swiping is based predominantly off of looks. At the end of the day, Jordan had been dating long enough to learn that looks aren't everything. A person could meet the absolute hottest guy, but that wouldn't make them a good match in reality.

Jordan was excited to meet Dan because Dan had so far proved to be an amazing person to talk to. Dan was the first person Jordan would text in the morning, and the person she continued to speak to all day everyday to get her through each week. Jordan was the one to first suggest meeting in person a few weeks ago. Dan had shared he wanted to meet but was a little worried.

Flashback

Jordan291: I think we should meet in person finally!

Dan3000: Are you asking me out?!

Jordan291: I guess so ;)

Dan3000: Dang Jordan, isn't that my job?! You beat me to it.

Jordan291: Then don't be such a slow-poke!

Dan3000: Okay, so this means wherever we go is my treat!

Jordan291: fiinnne. Where should we go? Would you like to grab dinner?

Dan3000: Well, I do love to eat, so who am I to pass up a meal with a pretty lady

Jordan291: Pretty lady? Are you telling me you already have a thing for the waitress?

Dan3000: LOL noooo... I'm saying I already find you beautiful even with no pictures.

Jordan291: awww you're too sweet.

Dan3000: I'm just hoping you give me a chance once you meet me in person.

Jordan291: Give you a chance?! OF COURSE I will! I'm the one asking you out, aren't I?!

Dan3000: True! It's just... I think I can come off a bit... awkward in person.

Jordan291: Well it's a good thing we're both awkward people! It's gonna be great!

Dan3000: lol. I hope so :-) Just know that I promise I am the me you're speaking to now on the inside always. No matter how I look.

Jordan291: Okay... Why don't we take a selfie and just send it to get that much out of the way?

***Dan responded with a selfie of his face. Jordan immediately found him cute. He had short chocolate brown hair, dark brown eyes, full lips and a dimple filled smile. What was he so worried about?! Jordan responded with her own selfie, which left Dan full of excitement to meet her.

End flashback

The two agreed to meet this Friday at an Italian restaurant on the west side of town that Dan had suggested. He apparently went there a lot and promised the food and atmosphere would be a perfect atmosphere to accommodate them.