chapter 30

𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐘𝐨𝐮

-

You answer your phone, a familiar voice you didn't expect you'd heard from the phone.

"look behind you.."

Your eyes widened when you realized something, this wasn't really a business meeting.

You slowly put down your phone from your ear and slowly turn around at it was said to look behind you.

Your eyes widened even more when you saw someone from your past. He was familiar, infact, you know who he really was. His presence changed, but the connection both of you had back then still remains and that you knew who he was.

"It's been a while.." he spoke.

You were speechless at seeing him standing infront of you, hands were locked in his pocket and his glares were at you.

You didn't expect this person to show up out of nowhere. After you've been through, this guy showed up again...

"You remember me, don't you?" He said again and smirk afterwards.

You took a step backwards, still surprised seeing him infront of you. Flashbacks were flashing through your eyes as you were looking at his dark eyes, you can't help it but to feel a sorrow and hurt.

"It's me.. Manjiro Sano.."

You froze at his words..

"... A.KA... Mikey.." he added.

You were frozen still when he introduced himself... This 'Mikey' now is completely different from the Mikey you last saw from 10 years ago.. he literally changed.

"Mikey..." You mumbled.

You knew that he's a part of the Bonten gang, the most dangerous gang that had been murdering people all around in Tokyo. You compared the old and new Mikey now. The big difference can say it all.

Even if you try talking to him.. even if you begged him..

He can't be changed to who he was back then.

"How have you been, Y/n?" He asked.

You didn't answer him, you were still in shocked and it feels like you were just imagining things.

"You're here alone, right?" He said as he walk forward to you. You took a step back as you felt scared. He's a murderer now, what if he'll kill you?

"Oh? Scared are we?" He teased.

You had your hands infront as a defense. You started talking.

"W-What are you doing here..?"

"Me?" He pointed himself. "Oh, nothing.. just came here to see if you'll actually gonna came here with the letter we send you."

You suddenly realized something, the letter that was said to be a business meeting turns out to be their bait for you to fall for it.

"W-What... What do you mean?!"

He chuckled..

"Got you.."

A gun shot was heard after he said that. Your vision was getting dark and darker, your body suddenly falls to the ground. You can't feel anything anymore, you felt numb as you were already on the ground.

Mikey was looking at you, he wasn't smiling..

The final thing you did was just stared at him.. After that, your eyes closed...

You don't know what happened next.. Did you really die?

_________________

"How have you been doing, Inui?" Chifuyu asked. Inui visited his pet shop, he was planning to buy one.

"Fine... how 'bout you?"

"Yeah.. im stable, i guess. Kazutora has been helping a lot." He stated.

Inui just nod as a respond.

"What made you come here, by the way?" He questioned. "Do you happen to buy one of my pets?" Chifuyu's eyes sparkled as he asked that. It was rare for Inui to visit the shop out of the blue, he doesn't really like animals so why come?

"Yeah... It's actually for Y/n.. " Inui replied, he's buying you a pet cause he knew he hurt you and for that, he wanna say sorry..

Chifuyu's eyes went wide as he heard what Inui said, he didn't know you were already back.

"Wait.. she's back?!!!?"

"Oh my god.. she's hot." Chifuyu said as Inui showed a picture of the both of you back when the accidental meet up back then.

"I know, right?.."

Chifuyu looked at Inui, he was in shocked.

"Did you just agreed with me?!" He asked.

"Yeah..?"

Chifuyu gasp as he realized something.

"You should buy her a CAT!!" he yelled. He went to show Inui his fave cat in the shop.

"Look! She will love this!!" He said.

"U-uh... Are you sure?" Inui questioned.

"OF COURSE!!"

Inui flinched, he knew Chifuyu would be turned on when he'd find out, but he didn't expect this a lot of energy coming out from him.

"A-Alright... Alright, i'll buy it." Inui made a smile at him.

"Now that's a smile!" He reacted. Inui can't help it but to chuckle.

~~~

"Thanks, Matsuno.. this would help me a lot." Inui thanked.

"Pfft! No prob, bro!" He said, tapping Inui's shoulder.

Inui just look down and looked at the cat that was on a cage.

"Tell my regards on Y/n, kay?" Chifuyu  said.

"Why don't you see her?" Inui looked at Chifuyu.

"Nahh, it's fine.." he said with a sad tone. "Go ask her out for me.."

"What did you say?" Inui questioned, he didn't clearly heard what he said in the last sentence.

"Nevermind! Go give her the cat already!" Chifuyu pushed him out of the shop.

"Tell her you bought it from me!" that was Chifuyu's last words to Inui before saying goodbye.

Inui just nod in between his smile, he also waved back at Chifuyu. Chifuyu was happy, hearing about you made him missed you so much..

He wished to see you right now, but he knew he loved you too late.

________________

"You didn't kill her, right?"

"Of course.. you told me not to."

"Good.. she'll wake up soon."