chapter 26

𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐃𝐨

-

You were confused at his respond. You felt like you know him for some point.

"w-what do you want from me?" You asked as you immediately put the jacket on. You were eyeing him down to up in repeat to check if he was hiding a weapon or something that can hurt you but you find nothing.

"Nothing special, i'm just here to talk to you..." he said.

"How are you?.. Y/n?"

That's when it occured to you. You realized he was someone you almost forgot about. Your face went serious when you finally realized who he was, you can't barely imagine it was him because of his appearance.

"are you... Kokonoi..?"

That question made him chuckle. You were right, he was Kokonoi.

You suddenly felt uneasy, the air of the room feels so suffocating. It felt like something's gonna happen later.

"Guess you remembered me..." he said, finally looking into your eyes. It was the first time in forever having an eye contact with him, and it still the same eyes as before right when where you left him..

You covered your mouth as you can't believe it's Kokonoi. You thought you'll never gonna see him again because of what he said back then. Your eyes started wetting as you continued staring at him.

"crying, eh?" He started. "Guess you're still the same.."

You suddenly ran up and hugged him. Koko's eyes widened at the sudden action, he wasn't expecting that, after all the things he did to you, you're still the same idiot he loved.

The hug last long for about 10 seconds, you let go of him immediately and looked at him.

The stared you gave to him didn't last long, you then look down as you thought of something.

"You're wanted. why are you here?." You asked to him like it was normal to talk about.

"You knew?" He asked.

"You're in every news.. how could i possibly don't know that?"

Koko just sigh at the thought that you knew about Bonten.

"i thought you weren't gonna see me again?" You asked, still looking at the ground, you felt like it was hard to say things to him if both of you were having an eye contact.

"i just feel like seeing you... since you just came back." He replied. You started clenching your hands.

"was that all just a waste of time?" You seriously asked, you were talking about that night, where Kokonoi pushed you away.

"It wasn't..."

"Then why are you here, talking to me?"

The room went silent, loud music were only heard from outside.

"Do you know how much it caused me?" You said. "If you still pitied me then go own... if you're here to hurt me again then..."

Your words got cut off as you started to cry even more. Just thinking about what he said to you back then, makes you wanna slap him so hard, and the kiss he gave to you made you confused, was it for a goodbye? or is it the love he couldn't confess to you ?

"t-then t-" you already started crying, but then, Kokonoi suddenly grabbed your hand and pinned you to the wall. His holding your wrist, pinning it hard to the wall. Your reaction was just shocked, why did he did that?

You were now confused and hurt at the same time, the way he pressed hard your wrist to the wall almost made you cry.

"Ah! Let me go!" You yelled. Kokonoi wasn't looking at you, he was looking down, you can see in his face how dark he'd become.

"What's wrong with you!?"

Kokonoi finally looked at you, the anger expression you had fade away as you saw his blazing black eyes. You saw sadness in them.

"I only did that because i don't want Mikey to hurt you.." he started. "Do you remember South?" He asked.

"He killed him.."

Your eyes widened as you heard what he said, you remembered that was also the day were Draken died..

"The conflict that happened 10 years ago was brutal... i knew it was about to happen so i did everything to not get you involved.." he explained more.

"That's why... that's why i said all those things to you.."

A tear dropped on your eye, you realized he was just trying to protect you.

"Knowing you left after i pushed you away... i didn't regret kissing you.."

Kokonoi really felt depressed after you left, but that depressed didn't last long because the conflict right then happened. He was so lost at that times, the only thing that he could think was right to do is to just follow Mikey.

"That was the love i couldn't get to tell you..."

Your heart started pounding, you were flustered but change to fluttered right away after Kokonoi said that.

The both of you stared at each other. It's been so long since Kokonoi ever told you his real feelings, you felt happy and excited at the same time.

Not long enough, Kokonoi didn't hesitate to kiss you. You couldn't do anything but to kiss him back, he's been waiting for you, he tried to protect you, you thought that all you can do is to gave him what he wants.

He pulled himself back and looked at you. "I've been waiting for that.." he smirked. A blush was formed onto your face, butterflies were swirling around on your stomach.

He kissed you back again, this time, he let go of your wrist and pulled you closer to him.

You were enjoying what was happening with the both of you, then you realized something that it made you pushed Kokonoi. It was just slight.

"What's the matter?" He asked. "Aren't you liking what we're doing?"

"N-No... I.. i need to go back.." you said, rushing to the door. You were happy about Kokonoi and you doing what both of you were doing, but don't forget.... someone's waiting for you outside..

"Where are you going? I thought we're already settled?" he asked.

"We are... It's just.. It's about-"

"Inui?" Kokonoi butt in. "Really? Why are you even with that dude!? He didn't do anything for yo-"

"Yes, he didn't!" You turn back to look at him. "He might not have didn't do something about me... but trust me, he was the only person who cared the most for me..."

Kokonoi look so pissed, you don't know why he was acting like that after all the things he said to you.

You opened the door and already was about to leave but Kokonoi hold your wrist to stop you.. But the words you said made him let you go.

"let me tell you... Inui got my lips first tonight before you."