Chapter 6: The Blackwoods: A New Light Appears! (Part 3)

Narrator: After many years, humanity finally managed to push The Blood-Nights back enough to build civilization, coming together and forming massive armies to oppose the monsters. Three of the great beasts fell in combat, destroyed with massive and overwhelming attacks that not even their own dark powers could resist. The fourth and final beast vanished with the defeat of his brothers, leaving humanity in the most powerful position they had been in for years. Of course there was still to be strife. The people who dug in the deepest mines to find the most powerful Dust had transformed into humans with animal like features, who came to be known as Faunus. With the absence of a greater foe humanity and Faunus warred with each other, until reaching a shaky peace. But as with all things, peace can never be held, the world is a thing of constant flux and change. And so the story, as it always shall, continues. Until this tale. Let us listen to the tale of a wielder of flames has been trapped in the darkness for but a brief period, but it was in that period that she realized the futility and cons of light. The light may shine towards hope, but you do not know if it is hope or despair until it is too late. The light had yet to shine on her, and when it did, it led to despair. The fire burned hot, and she burned with it. She cursed and cursed. Until her fire, became hellfire.
——————————————————————————
Third POV:
A young blonde figure had chased after her father to try and get him back. Audrey needed help to get away from The Grieveteeth. Xian had been running for what felt like hours. She was getting exhausted, and she couldn't keep running for long.

Xian: Dad! Dad! Audrey's in trouble!

She was responded in kind by a large Mornling.

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Xian: D-DAD! help!

She started running. She kept pushing herself to her limit. determined to see her family again.

(Pant Pant)
After a solid ten minutes, Xian had finally outmaneuvered The Mornling, and was making her way back to her home. She had spent eight of those minutes getting away, and it took her two minutes to get back home. Or at least what was remaining of it. In the wreckage around the place that she grew up in were shredded family photos, a pile of wood that could barely be identified as the remains of a bed, and.......

Xian: No.........

Xian was staring directly into the eyes of her dead father. Taiyang was dead. Impaled by a Vexscream's tail, and pinned down by a Glowtalon's feathers in three different places. She had lost everything: Her first mother had died ot disease. Her step-mother had died a while ago. And now, her father was dead. She had even lost her little sister. Xian heard some rustling behind her.

Xian: Audrey, is that you?

A Mornling jumped out to give her the answer. Xian realized she was about to lose a lot more when she identified The Mornling as the same one that had been chasing her. She frantically looked around, trying to find a weapon or hiding spot to use. She found only a small box: One that had her name on it. She rolled towards it and tore it open. Inside were a gallery of weapons.