new year's eve pt. 2

A/N: before you read, this is a collaboration project with soochims for New Year Special😆 read part one on her book BTS' JUNGKOOK Imagines, she's doing so good to begin the story☺ Enjoy your time!』

'Almost there~'

Suddenly it feels like she could hear his voice talking sweetly to her. The next seconds, the DJ's voice faded away, she can't no longer focus on anything but only his honey voice filling her ears. Tons of memories about him flashing in her mind, their memories together.

"N-No. He would be fine. H-He would be fine." Nahyun continues chanting or more like convincing herself. Keep shaking her head, she inhales deeply while closing her eyes but it getting worst. She's getting panic imagining the worst scenario. She doesn't even want to think about that but it's not something under her control.

With both hands holding the side of her head, she hung her head down mumbling prayer, hoping that he would just appear right before her eyes and calming her down. She wants him to be here so bad. Seconds feels like eternity to her and when she can't keep waiting anymore, without thinking twice she stood up abruptly and rushing out from the cafe.

Nahyun didn't know where she's heading to but she definitely can't stay inside, it's suffocating her. Her own thoughts were suffocating her.

Sounds of fireworks fills her hearing as soon as the cold breeze kisses her already-cold face. Her eyes wander around, the crowd were still there, they radiated the same joy just like before but why does it feel different for her? She couldn't even focus on anything other than her missing lover.

"Jungkook, please be safe for me."

She scans around before making a choice and follow her heart. It's not easy to think clearly when your mind was in a mess and that's why she doesn't even aware about her surroundings.

"Nahyunnie!!"

Great, she thought. Now she's even hallucinating his voice.

"Jungkook... where are you??"

"Nahyunnie!" Again, his voice.

"God, when will you stop running? Where are you even g- Oh my God, why were you crying?" His voice, finally his voice... His touch, he's real. He's finally here?

Jeon Jungkook has finally stood up in front of her, cupping her wet cheeks. Nahyun doesn't even realize that she was sobbing while running.

"J-Jungkook?! I-It's really you?" She asked softly while her hands touching his sharp jaw. Oh how bad she misses this.

"Yes, it's me baby. Why were you crying and wher-"

"Thanks God! I thought I won't ever see you again!!" Without letting him finished his question, she pulls him into her embrace, holding him tight as if he's going to fade away.

Jungkook was confused for a while but either way, he hugs her back even tighter while caressing her back, trying to calm her down.

"I'm here, baby. I'm not gonna leave your side, okay?"

"I-I'm sorry. I-It's just I heard the news... Accident... The cab-... a-and unconscious, one young man... Th-then you texted me, almost there... I-I thought that was you." She tried to explain between her hiccups and finally Jungkook got the points. He made a short guess that his soft girlfriend misunderstood the situation, thinking he got into an accident.

"Aww, it's alright baby.. Don't apologize. I'm here all safe and sound, can you feel how tight my hug around your body, hm? I'm here, okay? I'm always here. Now stop crying for me." Jungkook parted a little and softly wipe away the tears on her cheeks with his thumbs. "Look at your red nose." He boops her nose and causing her to giggles a little.

"My anxiety got the best of me and the traffic was bad, you're not reachable. I couldn't help but thinking the worst, I'm sorry." Feeling a little better than before, Nahyun hung her head low feeling a little embarrassed.

"Hey, look at me." He holds her chin gently and pull it up only to meet her teary eyes. "Stop apologizing, I said. I would do the same if I were on your shoes. Now, let's get you some warm drink, should we?"

After receiving a little nod from her, Jungkook flashes her his bunny smile before left a peck on her forehead. "I found a place where we could have our supper while watching the fireworks show."

"So, show me."

"I'll show you."

- zero o'clock -

"Happy new year, love." Jungkook lift her palm a little only to meet his lips. A peck on her palm from Jungkook never failed to make a blush appear on her cheeks. "This year too, I'm glad that we able to spend time together. I know, this year especially was hard for both of us but look, we made it. We're holding each other hand and staring at each other like this again. I love you, thank you for your love this year and I'm expecting it more for the next year." He giggles shyly at his ruined romantic-greetings.

"Come on, Kook. You're making me shy."

"I ruined my fantastic speech, I swear it was better when I'm practicing them earlier, your eye gaze just makes me forgot everything, and your smile- oh God, don't let me start-"

"KOOK! Stop!" She whines softly before she got an idea and immediately proceed it. Nahyun give a soft peck on Jungkook's knuckles, leaving the man surprised. "Happy new year too, I don't have any speech prepared but just want you to know that my life turn upside down when you're not in it. Even just the thought of it scares me. You mean a lot to me and yeah, let's love each other harder next year. Then it will be my turn to visit you next year."

And just like that, they seal their invisible promises with their visible kisses under the fireworks show.

This was how their new year's eve goes, what's yours?