Chapter 41- Birthday

Start from the beginning

"Should I call you when the job is done?"

"No, I trust you," I reply and then open the door.

"I know you do." I hear Darius' voice outside the phone. I look up and see him leaning against the wall.

I walk past him.

"What you gonna do now?"

"Whatever the hell I want... it's my fucking birthday." I say before walking down the corridor.

~~~~~~

Its sight soothed my soul like nothing else.

The abandoned building had a soul, one that was stoic and sober, as if patience was easy for its grand pillars of rock. The silence was so loud but at the same time calmed me like only a thunderstorm in a warm Summer-night could...or the laughter of the one I could never hate.

The wooden beams give way and make slight noises as I push them down with every step.

The unoiled door gives an uncomfortable squeak as I open it with all my strength.

I walk down the stairs of the theatre, the shattered glass scratching against the sole of my heels.

I head towards the stage and then push myself up so I can sit on the edge.

I look at my legs that are dangling down.

"The Spanish? I thought you were more into Italians?" A deep voice echoes through the room as I jump down from the stage immediately reaching for my dagger.

I look around the room until my eyes lock on the person sitting in the shadow in the second row.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I yell back at him as he stands up and stumbles down towards me.

"I was just trying to enjoy my bottle of wine but you ruined this for me." He says holding up a bottle of wine.

He walks closer until he is only a few feet away from me. I hold up the dagger, signalizing him to not take a single step closer.

He smirks at it and then looks into my eyes.

"You back from spreading your legs for the Spanish so mommy and daddy are finally proud of you?" He says, mockingly, the grin getting bigger with every word.

Ignore it.

Ignore it.

Ignore it.

"Well, at least I am good for anything. You could fuck every influential person in this fucking world and your parents wouldn't be proud. I guess I can't be mad at you when you are just sad because they don't love you." I reply, flashing a fake smile back.

His grin falters.

Poor boy, I nearly feel sorry.

After a few seconds of silence, he holds the bottle of wine to me.

"You want it?"

I put my dagger away, take it and inspect the content.

"You drank half the bottle, and you already drank more champagne than anyone else at my party," I say, frowning at him.

"I need lots of alcohol when I have to look at you the entire night." He slurs back.

"Yeah sure it's not like you could have closed your eyes... but who would do that when I am in front of them?" I say before lifting the bottle to my lips.

I take a sip and then another... and another.

I don't stop until it's just too much and I pull it away.