"You want to make your rings out of these?"

Ace nodded with a smile.

"And what exactly do you plan on making?"

Ace picked up one of the metal rods and spoke with an even bigger smile, "I'm gonna twist this into an infinity loop and forge it onto the ring with my devil fruit, and then I'll give it to her."

Deuce blinked, "Th-Thats all? Captain--"

"She'll get it," The excited smile on his captains face shifted into one of love as a pink flush spread across his cheeks and the tips of his ears turned red as he gave his explanation to such a simple design for a ring. Deuce listened because he knew if his captain was going to rant about his feelings, he wouldn't repeat them. "It's cheesy, but I want her to know I'll love her forever and I'll be with her forever even if I'm not physically with her. And that shes stuck with me whether she likes it or not."

It really was cheesy, Deuce chuckled. "Alright, you need help?"

"Uh," Ace laughed, "Maybe a little."

"What are you doing?" A voice questioned them and Ace quickly stuffed the metal into his pocket, Deuce thinking quickly and using his body as a shield. Y/N stared at them both for a few moments until her face flushed and Ace grew confused until he realised the position he and his first mate were in. Deuce had both of his arms on each side of the ground next to Ace's and it looked as if the blue haired man was caging him in.

Deuce pulled back quickly as Ace stuttered with wide eyes. "I-It's not what it looks like!"

"Pfft-" She laughed, "I know, but imagine that..."

Deuce flushed, "I don't want to!"

Y/N laughed at the two men and walked away back towards a certain purple haired girl meanwhile Ace grumbled and picked at the grass on the ground. "'I know' she says. Tch. She likes teasing me a lot, y'know?"

Deuce sweatdropped and felt a moment of pity towards the grass. "Then why dont you just do it back?"

Ace stopped for a moment before grinning and placing his hand on his hat. "Good idea. Maybe after I'm done the rings though."

And then he ran off.

What had he just gotten himself into? Deuce sighed.

~

Ace let out a sigh of relief as he felt the fire in his fingertips cool down until it disappeared and the burning metal slowly cooled down. Once it had, Ace lifted it towards the sun to get a better look at it and grinned. He finished the second ring and thankfully both had turned out exactly as he wanted them to. He was positive y/n would love them, she wasn't the type who enjoyed overly-fancy things so by just doing a simple design with a clear meaning he hoped she would keep it with her for as long as they stayed together. Which would be for infinity, since thats kind of the point of the infinity sign on the ring.

Skull who had been standing by his side and supervising (because Ace tended to set things on fire accidentally) smiled at his captains excitement before urging the man to give them to y/n already. Ace didn't argue or hesitate and stood up, gripping the rings tightly in his fists in fear of losing them before running off into the direction of the underground house y/n had built.