Cap. 26

JENNIE

"This rain is intense." Lisa says while grabbing Chaeng and hugging her as if she were a child.

"I hope the light doesn't go out." I say thinking that Jisoo doesn't like to be alone in the dark. Even if we don't talk anymore, I still care about that asshole.

"Are you still mad at her?" Chaeng stares at me, clearly disappointed. "Your ego will be your end, Jen." I cringe at the frightening thunder that has just echoed at the same time Ruby opens the door.

"You look like a shit." I say without thinking and she looks at me with irritation. She's all soaked and her face red.

"Go get your prize." she says and the lights fail. Oh, crap!

"What did you do, Ruby Jane?" I jump up from the couch.

"Jisoo and I officially broke up. Jansoo is done and something tells me she's going to need all of you." she says in a choked voice and Chaeng hugs her, whispering something in her ear.

"What's happening?" Lisa looks at the two as confused as I'm.

"No need to be jealous, Liz." Chaeng rolls her eyes "Get the keys, let's go to Jisoonie."

*********************************************

The rain is terrible, so hard and so windy, I don't even know how we made to Jisoo's house without anything happening to us despite all the scares.

My heart is so fast and there's a weird feeling in my chest, a crazy urge to cry and I don't even know why, but it's not happy that Ruby and Jisoo are break up.

Lisa rings the doorbell, but no noise, at least not in this rain. I turn the knob and the door opens to reveal Jisoo sitting on the living room floor, leaning against the sofa. There are soju bottles scattered on the floor and on the coffee table. Everything is dark except for the emergency light in the baseboards.

"Jisoonie!" Lisa runs to her, Chaeng and I look at each other worriedly.

"Limario! I didn't know you were coming to the party!" For God sake, Jisoo is completely drunk.

"Party?" I say confused.

"Yes, Limario!" She replies me, thinking I'm Lisa "The most insufficient person's party in the world, which is me." She turns the rest of the liquid that was in the bottle in her hand.

"What are you talking about, Jisoonie?" Chaeng bends down next to Jisoo and takes the bottle from her hand.

"You know, Chaengie, I'm very happy for you and Limario to complete each other. You love each other, I think it's beautiful." Jisoo gives that cute drunk smile and I sigh "Don't let anyone end it, you got me?"

"Why are you saying that?" Lisa brushes a few strands of hair from Jisoo's face.

"Because I envy you two. This is something I'll never have, Limario."

"Don't talk bullshit" Lisa pinches her "Jennie unnie loves you." Lisa smiles at me and nods, but Jisoo starts to laugh.

"Limario, I drink and you go crazy? I have always been and will always just be Jennie's best friend, nothing more." Jisoo shakes her head and something shines on her cheek. She's crying???

"Unnie, isn't it..." Chaeng starts to speak.

"STOP, JUST STOP LYING TO ME! I'M TIRED!" Jisoo changes her voice "I already accepted reality as it's, a long time ago, and it won't be now that things will change. My mistake was that I allowed myself to love her knowing that I would never be anything other than best friend, the person who will always be there and nothing but that. I'll never be enough to be more than that, understand? So stop lying to me!"

"And Ruby Jane?" Lisa says and Jisoo laughs again.

"Duh, isn't it funny? I'm insufficient for one and too much for another." More tears flow down Jisoo's face "She left me too, she said I was too much for her. How is this possible? I'll never be enough, there is never a balance in my life. Everyone leaves me at some point. My parents, my brother, Ruby Jane and even Jennie already left me for that asshole Taehyung."

"Jennie loves you, Chichu." Lisa says.

"Don't fall for it, Limario. I've already fallen and look where I'm." Jisoo shakes her head "Jennie doesn't love me, she's just afraid of losing me, that I'm not there all the time for her, that I don't worship her and do everything for her. That's all she feels." she sighs and throws her head back "My life sucks. I love someone who will never love me the same way and I fell in love with someone who has other plans, and don't include me. I'll always be left behind, Limario." Jisoo pulls her, hugging Lisa tightly and you can hear her soft cry.

"Jisoo..." Chaeng puts a hand on her shoulder. "Hey, we're here, we won't leave you. I would never do that to my unnie."

"You're lying too." Jisoo walks away from Lisa "Jennie has said the same things as you and look, she left me for Taehyung, Ruby Jane left me for money."

"I would never leave you for anyone or money" Chaeng hugs her.

"I'll believe you, my cute chipmunk, but please don't leave me." Jisoo says softly and my heart is so tight, I never imagined that I had caused as much harm to Jisoo as I did. "Neither do you, Limario. I only have you two, I have no one else." Jisoo pulls Lisa and the three hug while I watch everything.

happy 2022 and stay healthy ;)