Cap. 8

JISOO

I still can't believe I'm covered in scratches and they're all burning up my skin after I've kind of been beaten up by Jennie and Ruby Jane. I'm working up the courage to step under the hot water because I know everything is going to burn like I'm in hell, literally.

The image of the two of them crying and running off in opposite directions for opposite reasons made my mind collapse and here I'm, staring at the water for longer than I can remember.

a few hours earlier

I came to the party alone, I don't know why, but I think I needed it to feel more relaxed, not worrying about anyone but me, at least for a little while. Hanbin's house is already quite busy and I talk to a few people before going inside. My stomach is twisting crazily and I have a feeling something big is going to happen, even though I have no idea what it's.

I decide not to drink tonight, at least not for now. I'm looking for someone I really know when I see Rosé. I place my hand on Rosé's waist and pull her closer to me. She squeals and starts laughing when she sees me.

"You scared me, Chu!" She slaps me.

"Sorry." I turn my head to the side "You're really really amazing today. Who wants to impress?" I see her cheeks blush, I'll never get tired of it.

"Someone." she rests her hands on my shoulders and joins the game.

"I know?" I arch an eyebrow.

"Maybe..." she says and some drunk passes after her, pushing her against me and I let out a low laugh, squeezing my arm around her waist. "Huh, you have a strong grip." She looks at me and I'm surprised to hear her.

"You haven't seen anything yet, Chaeng." I smile and feel her hands tightening on my shoulders as someone pulls her from my arm.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?" Lisa screams and I look at her in surprise.

"Lisa, calm down." I try to approach them, but she gives me a death glare.

"You won't put Rosé in the middle of all this." she says angrily.

"Are you drunk?" I look at her without understanding.

"Rosé" Lisa pulls Chaengie by the hand "I really like you!" and kisses her before Chaeng says anything. So, easily, simply. I'm happy for them, but how for some it's so easy and for others it's not?

I go out to the backyard of the house in search of a little more silence. Here there are only potential couples and those who want to talk with a little more privacy. I look at the sky and everything is so starry, so black and full of bright spots. The confusion that was in my mind completely dissipates when I hear that voice.

"Jichu." Ruby Jane says and I feel she's beside me, I keep watching the sky.

"Jane."

"Did you think about us?" her tone is low and I stare at her. It's not amazing how two such different people can communicate so well just by looking. Hers is full of doubt and apprehension.

"Not exactly, but I don't know what to think either." Sigh. "And you? How are you?"

"Missing you and I know this is probably something you don't want to hear, but I'm really missing you. Of all the good and fun things I feel about you and how amazing you're." she approaches me.

"Jane..." She puts her finger to my lips.

"Let me talk about everything I've thought about the last few days." she takes a deep breath "I'm not going to lie saying I don't feel anything for Irene anymore, because I really do, but you've discovered a place inside my heart that I didn't even know existed and it feels like you're settling there and claiming this space. You make me feel so many absurd and crazy things that I can't even describe, you drive me crazy Kim Jisoo and I don't know what to do with so much love and passion."

"RUBY! WE FOUND YOU!" Joy appears along with Chahee and they hug Jane "Let's get more drinks. Hi Jisoo, you look hot!" She smiles and I start to laugh.

"Thanks, I think." I look back at Jane thinking about what to say.

"COME INTRODUCE US TO SOME PEOPLE!" Joy screams and leaves pulling Ruby into the house. After a few minutes, I go into the kitchen and look for water or soda, anything that isn't alcoholic, until I feel a hand on my arm.

"Hey." I look at Jennie and she smiles.

"I was looking for you, I even thought you weren't here." she says and her eyes look red.

"Did something happen?" My drink search is in the background and she looks away. "Jen?"

"This is not the place to talk." I pull her by the hand towards the hallway and open one of the doors, pushing her into one of the rooms.

"What's wrong, Jennie? Taehyung did something to you?" I swear I'll break his legs.

"No, actually yes, but I'm not sure what to say." she doesn't look at me.

"Did he hurt you? Did he do something to you? Tell me, Jennie!" I place my hand on her chin and make her look at me. "What did Taehyung do to you?"

"Jisoo." She says so seriously that I take a step back.

"What?" Tonight is getting crazier and I have no idea what's going on.

"I realized." she approaches me.

"So? What's happening? I'm worried..." I'm interrupted by those beautiful, soft, warm lips against mine. I feel Jennie's hands on the back of my neck and I wrap my arms around her waist, pulling her closer to me or am I kissing Jane? I pull back suddenly to get a good look at her.

"Jennie?" I say almost in a whisper and she looks at me confused. "Jennie, right? Jennie Kim? Are you sure you're nobody but Jennie Kim?"

"Wait, are you confusing me with Ruby? Really? Did you want to be her instead of me?" she says irritated.

"No, no, that's not it, I just wanted to make sure who I was kissing, that's all." I raise my arms up in a sign of innocence and approach her again "Why did you kiss me?" I look at her suddenly confused.

"Because I want to kiss you." she kisses me again as she pushes me to the bed, sitting on top of me. I pull my lips away from hers and bite down on her shoulder, then dole out some more intense hickeys and bites as I hear the soft moans she lets out as she presses against me, pulling my hair.

Jennie bites my bottom lip before kissing me again, this time she grabs my wrists, making me chuckle softly in between kisses.

"What's it?" She smiles and I'm staring at her.

"I never thought you would be so bold, savage." I smile before leaning over to take her lips again when I hear the door slam open. I turn to see Ruby Jane standing in the doorway and my smile fades. "Ruby Jane!" I swallow dry.

"I knew you were up to something." She approaches the bed and pulls Jennie off of me.

"I didn't do anything, I was just taking what is rightfully mine!" Jennie changes her voice with her. They start to argue heatedly when I see Jennie slap Ruby. The room is already full of people watching all this and I stand up, standing between the two of them.

"Stop defending her!" Ruby says angrily, I'm facing her.

"Jane, please." they start trying to slap each other, but the truth is that I'm being attacked here.

"YOU SHOULDN'T WANT WHAT'S MINE!" Jennie screams.

"AS IF SHE WAS YOURS!" Jane laughs teasing her "What will Taehyung say when he learns that you betrayed him with Jisoo?"

"WHAT?" Taehyung's hoarse scream makes everyone stop moving. I notice that Jennie has stopped breathing "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, JENNIE?" he approaches us and I hear her tears.

"Tae, please listen to me..." she tries to take his hand and he walks away.

"How did you have the courage? To do this to us because of her?" he points disdainfully at me. "You know how much I love you, Jennie, and you throw everything in the air like that." he walks out the door and Jennie comes out after him.

"You want to go after her, don't you?" I look at Ruby who's also crying. "I was stupid to think that you felt something for me, since you just wanted to be with her." she runs away, leaving me standing alone.