Cap. 14

JENNIE

There's something going on and I still can't figure out what it's. Jisoo and I haven't had a chance to talk about anything yet. Seeing her so close to Ruby Jane pisses me off and I can't think of a way to talk to my Chu without my sister around.

Lisa and Chaeyoung are increasingly trapped in the world of love and don't care about anything around them other than food. When did I get so friendless?

Taehyung hates me, I think I forgot to comment on that. He hates me like hell, and the day we broke up, we had such a bad fight that it was the first time I'd ever seen him this nervous. I was really scared of him and I still get chills just remembering.

"Milk ice cream?" Jisoo appears and sits beside me in the stands, holding a bowl of ice cream in front of my face.

"YEAH! Please, yes." I take the pot and open it "It's been so long since I've eaten this wonder."

"How are you?" she smiles wide at me and my heart is so warm.

"Good, I think. And you?"

"We need to talk, Jen." Her voice is low and soft, and that's what makes me shiver. Because somehow I know that nothing good is going to come out of here.

"About?" I continue eating the ice cream, not looking at her.

"You and me." If before my heart was warm, now it's heavy as I realize the choice of words she made. I remain silent as I wait for her to continue. "Jen..." She places a hand on my arm.

"You're gonna dump me." I turn to her "It's revenge, isn't it?" her eyes stare at me, but she doesn't answer me for a few minutes.

"No, Jen, if it were, it would be easier to deal with." She sighs "You know me better than anyone, you know I like to solve things instead of delaying."

"I'm not so sure about that, since you never told me you had a crush on me. Everyone knew except me. I heard from Lisa, you didn't even bother to let me know your feelings." I put the ice cream pot on the step above us and look back at her.

"I was scared, Jennie. You never gave me clues or even a sign about anything. You're the most important person in my life, I love you, dear, you have no idea how I love you, Jennie, I couldn't risk you moving away from me and our friendship changing, just having you in my life, I was already satisfied. Just being close to you." She gives a sad half smile.

"Until I started dating Taehyung." I say and she sighs "Wait, are you saying you're not in love with me anymore?" I arch an eyebrow and she closes her eyes.

"Don't ask me tough questions, Jennie. I just want to clarify everything as best I can."

"Are you in love with me?" I stare at her and see the doubt in her eyes. She bites her lower lip and takes a deep breath. I really wanted to kiss her there now.

"I don't know Jennie and I know this might be unbelievable for you, but I just don't know. So many things have happened lately" she runs a hand through her hair, tucking it behind her ear "But what I can tell you for sure, right now, is that I can't be with you."

"Why?" she can say that as many times as possible, but for me it's just excuses.

"I'm with Jane now and I can't offer you anything but friendship." She looks away and I know she's lying, but if she wants to believe this lie, that's fine. Let's see how long it will last.

"Are you in love with her?"

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"She's with me, Jennie." she says simply and I know that should be enough to convince me to give up on her, but it isn't.

"I didn't understand."

"She always cares and takes care of me, she cares about me more than I care about her, if that's possible" she laughs softly and my heart sinks "I've spent a lot of time waiting and giving myself to you, Jennie, even knowing you would never notice me, but then Jane came and saw me. She actually saw me, like you used to a while ago." she sighs "I don't know, I just want to be with her because my heart calms down when I'm with her. She was the boat that rescued me from the storm of loving you, Jennie."

"Let me get this alright, you're choosing Jane over me, because she manages to calm you down? That's it?" she just nods her head, biting her mouth harder "And you're only doing this because you're too scared that I'll hurt you again, so you're choosing the most comfortable and easy option for you. You're being cowardly."

"That's what you did when you accepted Taehyung's proposal." she says and takes her hands to her mouth realizing what she said, making me smile.

"You're right, I did that and I was very scared, very confused. I spent so much time pretending to be who I wasn't that I came to believe I was that person, but in the end, I realized the truth."

"So..." she clears her throat "How are we? I'll respect your decision no matter what."

"Before giving my final answer, answer me two things, honestly." She nods, apprehensive as I've never seen her before. I move closer to her, leaning towards her and she widens her eyes until her gaze drops to my lips "Would you kiss me again if you could?"

"Jennie..." she looks back into my eyes, biting her mouth so hard it could bleed easily and I arch an eyebrow questioning her "Yes" she closes her eyes and takes a deep breath "What's the other question?"

"Jisoo" I put a hand on her chin and pull her face close to mine, she doesn't pull away but looks shocked "If it wasn't for Ruby, would you have kissed me already?" I whisper softly and see her shiver, making me smile.

"Don't do this!" she pushes me and gets up, clumsy as always, making the ice cream container open and roll down the steps, getting everything dirty as she reaches the bottom of the steps, making me laugh.

"You already gave the answer I needed, anyway" I shrug "I accept your friendship, I'm happy about it. Better than not having you in my life." I reach out to her and she squeezes it, still in doubt.

"Are you serious?" She arches an eyebrow, but keeps her hand on mine.

"Yes, you were always my best friend, the person who understands me and knows me better than anyone else. I would never accept losing you, Kim Jisoo" she smiles when she hears me and I pull her close to me, our bodies close "I'll wait patiently for you, until you come back to me. You've waited so long for me, the time has come for me to do the same."

"What are you doing?" She says softly, but I get even closer to her, putting my mouth on her ear.

"Don't worry, Chu, our friendship remains the same as I wait for you, but don't be fooled into thinking that your way back to me won't be full of temptations." I whisper softly in her ear and give her a quick kiss below her ear before releasing her.

since I won't have time to update tomorrow, 

I'll release more updates today :)