Cap. 9

JENNIE

"Tae, please let's talk!" I'm knocking on his bedroom door and he's ignoring me. It's been three days since the party.

"Go away, go back to Jisoo."

"I want to talk to you!"

The truth is, I don't even know why I'm here. Maybe I'm scared to face Jisoo after the brave minutes that made me kiss her. Maybe I'm scared of her rejecting me and choosing Ruby Jane, even though she actually seemed happy it was me and not Ruby. I'm so confused and surprised to see Tae opening the door.

"Taehyung." I hug him and I hear his sigh.

"What you want?" he walks away.

"I don't want to hurt you Tae, I never wanted to." I take his hands "Please forgive me."

"You have no idea what you did to me, Jennie."

"I imagine, but please don't be mad at me. Everything is so confused. Ruby pissing me off, Jisoo pulling away, I'm scared of losing my friend."

"You kissed Jisoo because she was moving away?!" He looks at me in disbelief and I just bite my mouth. Why did I kiss Jisoo? I don't know either, I just let myself go. "I forgive you, on one condition."

"Which?" I smile when I hear it.

"You can't talk to Jisoo anymore. I don't want to be with you and feel insecure about the two of us and I know she'll always be between you and me." I stop breathing when I hear it. "So Jen, what do you want?"

"Tae, you're asking me too much, she's my best friend!" I close my hands and I want to punch him.

"Jennie, your choice is pretty simple. Me or Jisoo, since you're here with me and you came after me right after the party, I think your choice is clear." he approaches me and hugs me. "Don't worry, don't be afraid, I would never leave you." I close my eyes and ignore the bitter taste that has come to my mouth.

***************************************

I haven't seen Jisoo today and I'm secretly looking for her in the cafeteria, but it looks like she's gone. Taehyung went to get us some food and I'm sitting with Lisa and Rosé. Ruby Jane is also missing.

Five days. I think this is the longest time we've been without speaking and I miss Jisoo so much, I don't know why I agreed with this proposal by Taehyung.

"Have you been talking to Jisoonie?" Lisa pulls me out of my thoughts and I just nod my head in denial.

"I thought you and Taehyung had broken up." Rosé says and lays her head on Lisa's shoulder.

"We talked and he apologized me, so he said he would forgive me on one condition."

"Which?" Lisa arches an eyebrow.

"I should stop talking to Jisoo." I swallow dry.

"And did you accept that?" Rosé says openmouthed and then her gaze changes direction.

"Yes, I didn't want him to be mad at me." I let out a heavy sigh. "Hey, look at me." she looks pale.

"Serious? Do you love Taehyung so much that you agreed to end our friendship because of your boyfriend?" I hear Jisoo's voice right behind me and I freeze, I get up slowly to face her.

"We're not putting an end to our friendship, it's just a pause while the dust settles."

"Pause? JUST A PAUSE?!" she screams and throws the food tray on the floor with force, scaring me and everyone is watching us "You kiss me at the party as if I'm the only person who matters in your life, you run away without giving explanations and now you want to give a break in friendship?"

"It's not like that, Jis..." I try to approach her, but she's so angry that the vein in her forehead is raised.

"Don't give me your fucking excuses, Jennie. You can't do what you want with me, play like that, let alone come and go in my life whenever you want." I've never seen her so angry "No need to worry about pause, because our friendship ends now." She turns and starts walking, but I pull her by the arm.

"Jisoo, please, we've been best friends for so long, you can't do this" I know I'm being unfair to her "You can't put an end between us." my tears start to fall and I don't even mind crying in front of everyone.

"It's not me, Jennie, you ended our friendship when you chose him over me. Now bear the consequences of your choices and never speak to me again. Never." she looks into my eyes with such hatred and pulls her arm out of my hand.

I feel someone hug me when Jisoo leaves and I know it's Lisa. I look up and see Ruby Jane watching me curiously, making my heart break even more.