Still Can't Believe

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, her phone began to vibrate, and she looked to see that it was a text from Lillian saying that they would be late. Nessa sighed as she texted back, knowing that she had to stay longer alone with Eric.

"You still have this thing?" Eric called out.

Nessa's eyes grew big, she got up and followed Eric's voice. "What are you doing in here?!' She shouted, glaring at Eric who was holding her teddy bear in his hands.

"Aren't you a little old to have a teddy bear?"

She charged at him and snatched her stuffed toy and threw it on the bed. "Get out!"

He continued to walk around the room, ignoring the enraged Nessa. His eyes were traveling all around, chuckling lightly at an old class photo that lay on her desk that was they taken when they were in grade 2, the first time they met.

"Did you seriously cross my face out?" Eric chuckled, as he lifted the picture. A big X was in black over his baby face that had a toothy grin.

Nessa took the picture from his hand and chucked it into a small trash can. "You were such a jerk when we were kids."

"So were you."

"And you still are." Nessa crossed her arms over her chest. "After two years of not seeing you, here you are. The same annoying kid you were in elementary, middle school and high school."

"You must miss me." He joked, making his way towards her.

She moved back a bit as he began closing the distance between them. "Terribly."

"Maybe it's fate," Eric told her in a low voice, continuing to close the distance between them. Her back met with a wall behind her, her eyes wide as Eric came closer and closer. "That we have to work together." He placed both arms on either side of her.

Nessa looked up at Eric who had a smirk on his face, her heart racing. She had no idea of what was happening; he never did anything like this.

"Wh-what are you doing?" She asked.

He began to lean in, his lips very close to hers. Nessa didn't know what to do; she was never in a situation like this.

"Am I interrupting anything?" A voice asked.

Eric tore away from Nessa and crossed his arms over his chest, trying his very best to act casual.

"No." Nessa quickly answered, pushing a loose hair that was falling out of her low bun behind her ear. "Of course not."

Lillian giggled quietly. "Are you sure?"

Nessa nodded and walked past the giggling Lillian, her cheeks burning red.

"What was that all about?" Lillian asked, crossing her arms over her chest leaning onto a doorway, a smirk playing on her lips.

Eric shrugged. "Just talking."

"Talking a little too close, aren't you?" Lillian smiled and turned to walk back to the living room.

***

After a couple of hours of looking through magazines. Will finally joined them after his work and decided that he and Eric should go out and buy some food, leaving Lillian and Nessa.

Nessa knew it was coming; she knew that Lillian would ask about what was happening in her bedroom with Eric.

"Nothing happened between Eric and I." Nessa quickly said.

Lillian looked over at her and cocked her eyebrow. "Sure." She said in a teasing tone. "You two stopped hating each other real quick."

Nessa gasped and hit Lillian's arm jokingly. "Lillian Hall! I can't believe you said that."

She shrugged. "Ow! Nessa! I'm just saying."

"Trust me, Lil. I had no idea what was going on." Nessa shooked her head and leaned back onto the couch. "If he had come any closer I would've-"

"You would've what?" Eric came in, with his eyebrow raised with Will following behind him.

"I would've punched you on the elbow."

"Right, babe," Eric smirked, placing the food they bought onto the coffee table.

Nessa picked up a pillow and hit Eric on the face. "Don't call me that."

Will stood in between the bickering pair. "Please, not again."

Eric slightly jumped forward, startling Nessa a bit. "Loser." He glared at her and flicked her forehead.

"You two seriously need to go on a friendly date for a whole day." Will took a seat beside Lillian, throwing his arm over her.

Lillian's whole face brighten up and grinned. "That's a great idea, honey!" She gushed and clapped her hands together.

Eric and Nessa both gawked at the grinning Lillian. "Nononono!" They both shouted, shaking their heads.

"Come on guys! You're going to spend a lot of time together now, might as well get used to each other and get along." Will simply stated.

They both knew that he was telling the truth, but they couldn't bear to spend a whole day together. Lillian began to give them her famous puppy dog eyes and pouted her lips.

"Imagine us spending a whole day together, Lil." Nessa frowned.

"I agree. We could start a world war 3."

"Pretty Pretty Please." Lillian and Will begged with their hands clasped together as if they were praying.

Nessa and Eric looked over at each other.

"Fine, just for you guys." Eric sighed, rolling his ocean blue eyes. "I get to choose where we're going through."