𝒆𝒑𝒊𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆

IT WAS THEIR WEEKLY DATE NIGHT. Tonight, Theodore would plan the date. Ramona stood in her closet dressed in a simple white halterneck silk dress that draped perfectly on her body. Her hair was left down, framing her delicate face. She wore light makeup, dainty gold jewelry, and she wore white heels.

smiling in satisfaction, Ramona went downstairs and was greeted by Theodore who had been leaning at the bottom of the stairs, scrolling through his phone. Looking up, Theodore was stunned. No matter how long they had been dating, Ramona had always managed to surprise him with her beauty.

"You- wow!" Theodore exclaimed rushing over to help Ramona down the stairs as she blushed peony.

"It's nothing. Just a white dress," she replied lightly, smiling at him. "You clean up good too," she said, admiring his well-tailored black suit.

"Just a black suit," he quipped, grinning at her as he led her out of the house and into the garden.

Ramona gasped at what she saw, her garden property was filled with candles aligned neatly down the gravel paths, the trees that surrounded her home were decorated with lanterns and fairy lights, everything looked perfect. Theo led her down the pathway, as she admired how much hard work he had put into planning the date.

All of the animals were put away into their own enclosures, the garden was freshly tended to, all the little buildings around the garden were all freshly cleaned and the gazebo, where Theodore had set up an endearing picnic was decorated perfectly. Pictures of them as children and as adults were all around them.

Ramona giggled as he led her over to sit down. She marveled at all of the food he had prepared. There was a charcuterie cheese board, a plate full of sushi, two croissant sandwiches, a chocolate chiffon cake with a bottle of champagne. "Did you prepare all of this?" Ramona asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I helped," Theodore replied, "I helped cut the fruit and the vegetables,"

Ramona giggled, "Hard work," she teased as Theodore glared at her jokingly.

"Just sit down and enjoy the food, will you?"

Enjoying the scenery, Ramona sipped the champagne glass as she bit into the Fig Blue Cheese & Prosciutto croissant sandwich, the sweet and sour flavor from the fig, the tart and earthy flavor from the goat cheese, and the flavorful, delicately sweet and salty from the prosciutto all worked together in harmony. Ramona's tastes buds were in heaven, "This! Is just heavenly!" Ramona exclaimed, going in for a second bite.

"I had my personal chef make it," Theodore grinned as he fed her some salmon sushi. "How does the sushi taste?" he asked, raising an eyebrow in amusement as Ramona's eyes lit up.

"Very fresh," she told him, chewing on the piece of sushi before helping herself to some of the charcuterie board.

As they finished the food, Ramona stood up to admire her Koi pond. She could see the fishes swim around from the dimly lit lights of the pond. "Teddy, isn't tonight so pretty?" she asked him, as she could hear rustling behind her back, "Teddy?" she asked, again turning around and gasping as she covered her mouth from shock.

Theodore was on one knee, he was holding up a red velvet box, and sparkling inside was a five-carat canary diamond solitaire, encircled in delicate floral scrollwork of white gold. It was an unusual setting, unlike anything that a contemporary jeweler might design.

"Ramona Eleanor Young," he began as Ramona could feel her eyes stinging with tears of joy, "You are my first and only love. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. you are and will always be the love of my life-my angel, my bunny. I don't know what I'd do without you. My dearest love, Will you marry me?" he asked, his eyes shining with tears.