𝟬𝟬𝟰.

AH, TYERSALL PARK. the humble estate Ramona practically grew up in with her older brother Nick. As soon as she stepped out of her car and entered the living room, she is the talk of the town. Everyone greeted her happily, she just nodded and replied with her perfect manners. She greeted everyone as a good girl should. 

All her Aunties told her how beautiful, elegant, and how chic she's become. Her Uncles congratulated her on her latest business deal, they tell her she was a genius for her way of business. She smiled and thanked them. 

The "living room," as Ramona so modestly called it, was a gallery that ran along the entire northern end of the house, with art deco divans, wicker club chairs, and ottomans casually grouped into intimate seating areas.

 A row of tall plantation doors opened onto the wraparound veranda, inviting the view of verdant parklands and the scent of night-blooming jasmine into the room, while at the far end a young man in a tuxedo played on the Bösendorfer grand piano. 

every exquisite detail: the exotic potted palms in massive Qian-long dragon jardinieres that anchored the space, the scarlet-shaded opaline glass lamps that cast an amber glow over the lacquered teak surfaces, the silver- and lapis lazuli–filigreed walls that shimmered as she moved about the room. 

Every single object seemed imbued with a patina of timeless elegance as if it had been there for more than a hundred years. The glamorous guests, appeared completely at ease lounging on the shantung silk ottomans or mingling on the veranda while a retinue of white-gloved servants in deep-olive batik uniforms circulated with trays of cocktails.

Ah, Tyersall Park, a place she could never forget. 

Ramona was on guard that night, she was waiting to see Rachel and Nick. She had already greeted her mother with a small kiss on the cheek. She's really missed them. She had always liked Rachel the most out of all of her brother's past girlfriends. Rachel was natural. the others felt more forced. 

As Rachel and Nick join them Ramona decides to watch on the sidelines. She could see Rachel call their old Nanny 'Ah Ma'. Ramona giggles lightly as her brother corrects the girl. She begins to make her way to Rachel. Oliver was talking to them. "Rachel! I heard you thought Ah Ma was the cook!" Oliver exclaimed, Rachel, flushed red, "On the bright side, you're the talk of the party, besides that Ramona ─v that girl is always the talk of the party ── of course, everyone likes your dress,"

"Oh I did that," Rachel's blonde friend who looked a lot like Asian ellen said. 

"Oh!" Oliver gasped

"I know!" she said excitedly

"Such a chic seventies goddess,"

"I know," 

"It's very disco Cleopatra, but in a good way,"

"That was exactly what I was going for," asian ellen replied

"Oh, well, Oliver," he introduced, extending his arm out.

"Hi,"

"I like your shoes,"

"Oh thank you! I'm Peik Lin, ditto," Peik Lin said

"Cheers," Oliver says, handing Peik Lin a drink. 

"There you go," she grins as they both drink. Ramona snorted at Rachel's reaction. Rachel looked absolutely amazed about how fast her friend could make friends. 

"Gosh, these are lovely," Oliver says, referring to her earrings.

"They're clip-on, thank you,"

"Are they? Oh, wow!"