𝟬𝟬𝟳.

AFTER A WEEK OF THEIR ARRIVAL, Ramona and Theo had been swept up in business and the tornado that was Carlton's social life. Actually, it was more like Colette's social life, since they had attended a mind-blowing number of fashion boutique parties, twelve-course banquets, art openings, restaurant soft openings, a recital at the French Consulate, VIP after-parties (followed by several VVIP after-after-parties), and something billed as a "site-specific transmedia performance piece"—all at Colette's invitation. And this was before hitting the clubs every night till dawn.

Ramona had never been so tired. Her bold, luxurious, designer closet had never been more satisfied. Everyone marveled at her clothing, she was even dubbed as the mysterious Singaporean Princess that was hanging out with Colette Bing. Colette had even invited her to shop in Paris.

"Who knew that Shanghai's nightlife scene would put New York to shame? I'm ready for a quiet night in. Do you think Colette will be offended?" Theo asked, sitting on the couch in Ramona's quaint Shanghai apartment. 

( she called it quaint, but she was living in a lovely penthouse, designed simply and neatly. perfect for ramona's shanghai life which was hectic and chaotic. )

"I don't care, all I want to do is fall asleep," Ramona said, blowing on her coffee at the kitchen counter

"I don't care, all I want to do is fall asleep," Ramona said, blowing on her coffee at the kitchen counter. "We could say we're going on a date, and then order takeout," 

"Says the girl who was hit on about a dozen times last night! I thought I was really going to have to bust out some of my ninja moves to get those French guys to leave you alone at M1NT."

Ramona laughed. "You're such a dork!"

"I'm the dork? I'm not the tech geek. Was it just me, or has every European fellow in Shanghai invented some app that's going to revolutionize the world? And do they all need to have that much stubble? I can't imagine what it would be like kissing them."

"Actually, that would be kinda hot—watching you and that cute Polytechnique grad make out! What was his name? Loïc?" Ramona cracked.

"Thanks, but I'd prefer Claryssa or Chlamydia or whatever that friend of Colette's name was."

"Haha—Chlamydia is exactly what you'll get if you kiss her! You're talking about that girl with the fake eyelashes who asked you point-blank if you had an American passport?"

"Her eyelashes were fake?"

"Teddy, everything on her was fake! Did you see how crushed she looked when Colette broke it to her that we were dating?"

"Women here just don't understand your social cues. You confuse them—you look Chinese, but they don't get your body language. You don't behave like a typical girlfriend, so they don't even realize we're together."

"Okay, from now on I'll be sure to drape myself over you and gaze adoringly into your face at all times. You're my one and only gaofushuai," Ramona cooed, fluttering her eyelashes facetiously.