I stiffened putting the pieces together and being a lot more cautious than I was before.

"Who names a kid Malachai? Kai turned around to face us. "It's like they expected me to be evil."

"All these kids were murdered!" Bonnie exclaimed, disgusted in our new companion.

"Hello? Not everyone died. I had a soft spot for one of my sisters. 'Cause otherwise, I would've cut her lungs out, and not just her spleen."

"What?" Bonnie questioned.

"You can survive without a spleen."

"Something tells me you're not speaking hypothetically."

Kai walked over and pointed to the photos on the newspaper. "Look, these two, I, uh, hung off the stairwell railing. Then i put a hunting knife in her abdomen. And him, I drowned in the pool. But he kept fighting me. I was like 'I saved you for last, you ungrateful little...' Anyway, that was that."

Great. We're dealing with an actual sociopath. He's like a vampire without his humanity without the actual vampire part. I did some fucked up things in the past but at least I never went to the extent of murdering my entire family.

"You just killed your whole family?" Bonnie questioned like it wasn't clear enough.

"Coven, to be precise." He corrected. "Oh, you know, family of witches."

A witch with no emotions, even better.

"You're making us jump through hoops, and you're a witch?" Damon questioned him.

"Sort of, yeah. No powers, obviously. Oh, and of course, Gemini Coven did not take it too well when they heard what I did in Portland. It's why they banished me here."

"Your coven made you a personal prison world." I pointed out.

"Yup. This place isn't your hell, Damon. It's mine." He added.

-

We followed Bonnie back into the house as she continued to speak. "We're not letting Kai out of here, okay? He just said he's a serial killer."

"I don't care!" Damon exclaimed.

I sighed. "And quite frankly, neither do I. All I care about is getting out of here."

"How can you not care? Maybe because of the horrible things you have done?" She turned to address Damon. "Maybe 'cause killing a bunch of kids is not a big deal to someone who's murdered a pregnant woman?" She turned back to me. "And you've probably done way worse as well."

Damon stared at Bonnie, hurt by her words. I just had my eyebrow raised and a slight smirk on my face, shocked that she would even say that.

"Am I wrong?" She questioned.

-

Flashback

Stefan and Zach rushed to the other room once they heard the sound of glass breaking. Once they got there, they found multiple bodies laying around the room and Damon stood in the middle of it with a scared Gail in a headlock.

"This eclipse party blows. I didn't see the sun at all when I crossed the yard! I forgot how much stronger we are when we drink human blood." Damon spoke psychotically.

"Zach." Gail chocked out from his hold.

"Damon, please don't hurt her." Zach begged.

"I want my ring back Stefan." Damon negotiated.

Stefan quickly pulled out the ring from his pocket and threw it to his brother.

"Atta boy."

"I'm never gonna be rid of you, am I?" Stefan questioned.