Your Humanity

After waking up in Damon Salvatore's bed, I got my stuff and headed home to get ready before making my way to school. I wore a cropped, white tank top with some nude cargo pants and white boots.

I got to school still wondering what the fuck happened the other night, still being confused and not having remembered anything I gave up trying to remember and headed to History class where most people were already seated

I stopped by Elena, apologising for not making it home the other night before making my way to my seat. I noticed Stefan had a guilty look on his face, I'm guessing he showed up shortly after me at the rooftop, trying to help Vicky last night. I sat down in my seat, zoning out and going back to my thoughts.

"Miss Gilbert?" Mr Tanner called, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Pearl Harbor?" Mr Tanner requested.

"Umm..." It was 1941.

"December 7, 1941" Of course Stefan answered.

"Thank you, Miss Gilbert."

"Anytime." Stefan smiled.

"Very well. The fall of the Berlin wall." Mr Tanner awaited the answer.

"1989. I'm good with dates, sir."

And with that Mr Tanner threw out names of numerous events, followed by Stefan giving the exact year the event happened.

"Civil Rights Act."

"1964"

"John F. Kennedy assassination."

"1963"

"Martin Luther King."

"'68"

"Lincoln."

"1865"

"Roe vs. Wade."

"1973"

"Brown vs. Board."

"1954"

"The battle of Gettysburg."

"1863"

"Korean war."

"1950 to 1953"

"Ha! It ended in '52." Stefan looked like he was at a loss for words so I helped him out. "Actually, sir, it was '53."

Mr Tanner looked pissed at me, "Look it up, somebody. Quickly."

Many of the students pulled out their phones, searching for the answer. I smirked at Mr Tanner, knowing that I was definitely correct, just waiting for someone to say it.

"It was 19...53." And here it is. The class chuckled and applauded me and Stefan for standing up to Mr Tanner and proving him wrong.

======================================================