Bayou Attack

Klaus ended up leaving early in the morning so I headed down to the Bayou where Eve and Hayley were helping me prepare for my birth which was due soon. I decided the Bayou would be the best place for me since I was born a werewolf, it feels right for my child to be born in their environment. Besides, I feel like Eve and Hayley are a lot more prepared than the Mikaelsons are for this.

I was laying down taking deep breaths in and out just like I would during labour.

"That's it. Inhale and release." Eve instructed.

"Eve, I've been through this before, I know how this guys. But are you 100% sure you know what you're doing?"

She chuckled. "Honey, the werewolves have been having babies out here for years. Stop worrying."

"Okay fine, it's just that it's been years since I've been a mother, I don't know if I remember how to be one."

Hayley gave me an apologetic smile while Eve tried to reassure me. "Trust me, when the time comes, you'll know exactly what to do."

"I hope so. As fun as it is to image Klaus changing dirty diapers-" I smiled to myself, having the image in my head. "- I'm pretty sure I'll be doing most of the hard work on this one."

"I somehow doubt that." Hayley disagreed.

"Pardon the interruption." Elijah apologised as he joined us in the shack. "I wonder if I might have a quick word with the conspirators of a supposed uprising."

The three of us looked at each other realising what he's talking about and we lead him down to Jackson and Oliver.

"You're making a grave mistake." Elijah informed us.

Oliver chuckled. "So, you're worried about is. Is that it?"

"Look, Elijah. We know all about your brother's reputation, but if there is even a chance that these rings can help us take control of our curse-" Jackson began.

"-Our gift-" Oliver interrupted.

"-Then, honestly we don't care what he's really after. Won't have to." He continued.

"I see. There are those in the Quarter who will consider this a great provocation." Elijah stated.

"Apparently, most of them see us breathing the same way."

Elijah turned to Hayley and I. "You both signed a pledge, and you looked me in the eye as you did so."

"We don't want a fight Elijah. We just want a better life." Hayley informed him.

"Allegiance with my brother will guarantee you anything but that." He then turned to address me. "And you should know that better than anyone.

Our conversation got interrupted by the sound of a motorbike approaching us so we all went outside to check it out.

A man rode into the encampment and stopped just as he saw us approaching him. "Which one of you is in charge?"

"Who's asking?" Jackson inquired.

Something was off about this guy, I just couldn't tell what. However, Elijah had the same idea as he tackled the man just as the motorbike exploded throwing everyone backwards in a blast.

My ears wouldn't stop ringing for a few seconds. I stood up and first saw Elijah covered in ash. He was looking around just as I was, seeing all the injured people around us.

I saw Hayley and Jackson pulling a young boy away from his father as he lay on the ground, clearly injured. Elijah and I examined his wound and noticed the burns from wolfsbane.