The unlinking

I accidentally overheard a part of Klaus' & Rebekah's conversation with Sophie which really intrigued me so I was hanging around in a room nearby, listening in.

"They are a faction of extremists. Sabine stupidly told them about some vision she had about the baby." Sophie explained.

The day she told me it was a girl. So she saw something a lot more serious than I thought it was.

"What kind of vision?" Klaus questioned.

"She has them all the time. They are totally open to interpretation. I'm guessing she's wrong on this one."

"Well, how, may I ask, was this particular vision interpreted?" Klaus continued to interrogate the with.

There was a moment of silence before Sophie decided to speak. "Pretty much that your baby would bring death to all witches."

Interesting.

"Ah well. I grow fonder of this child by the second." Klaus stated earning a sigh from Rebekah.

"Sophie, look. I promised Elijah that I would protect the Mikaelson miracle-baby whilst he tries to win your witch Davina's loyalty. Why don't you tell me just how extreme this faction is?"

"Elijah's talking to Davina?" Sophie asked, seeming shocked.

"Yeah. As we speak I imagine." Rebekah informed her.

"I'm guessing she'll have plenty to say about that crowd." Sohpie stated.

"Do tell." Klaus pried.

"I... wasn't always an advocate for the witches..."

She explained how eight months ago she left the Quarter to travel but then wanted to be a chef so she came back to Rousseau's and then she found out that they're moving forward the Harvest.

"What the bloody hell is a Harvest?" Rebekah questioned, confused.

"It's a ritual our coven does every three centuries so that the bond to our ancestral magic is restored. We appease our ancestors, they keep our ancestral power flowing."

"And why haven't I heard of this?" Klaus questioned.

"Because a Harvest always seemed like a myth. A story, passed on through generations like Noah's ark, or the Buddha walking on water. The kind some people take literally, and some people don't."

She continued with the story of the Harvest. Sophie interrupted the Harvest, saying how ridiculous it all is.

"They had the girls of our community preparing for months. Four would be chosen for the Harvest. They said that it was an honor, that they were special. I thought it was a myth."

"Was it?" Rebekah asked.

The conversation was interrupted by a phone ringing which Klaus picked up.

"Marcel. Bit early in the day for you, isn't it?"

I wasn't able to hear the other side of the phone from where I was, all I could hear was Klaus' response.

"Rather you than me. All that responsibility seems like such a bore... Dead witches in the Bayou. Sounds like less of a problem, and more like a cause for celebration... Oh, why not? Haven't been in the Bayou in ages. I'm on my way."

As soon as Klaus hang up, Sophie spoke up. "You can't go out there now. I need to gather the witches' remains and consecrate them. If I don't get to them before sundown, we'll lose the link to their magic."

I finally decided I had enough of listening in from another room and went in to join them.

"Those witches tried to kill Brooke. I'd prefer for Marcel's informant not to find anything that would lead him back to us, to her, or to... you know..." He pointed to my stomach. "that."