Elijah Mikaelson

The next day we were in the living room of the Salvatore house when we heard a knock on the door. Damon got up from the couch to open the door and walked back in with Elena. Her eyes fell on me, but only for a second before she looked away and focused on Stefan.

"Hey." Stefan greeted.

"What is this about?" She questioned.

Rose stepped out, making herself known.

"You." Elena acknowledged.

I could tell by the look on her face she did not want Rose here.

Rose pressed her lips into a tight smile and offered a small wave.

Damon sat back down beside me, his arm behind my back, pulling me closer. I leaned against him while Elena sat on a couch next to with Stefan and Rose paced around the room trying to justify herself.

"Okay, you have to understand I only know what I've picked up over the years and I don't know what's true and what's not true. It's the problem with all this vampire crap but Klaus, I know he's real."

"Who is he?" Elena questioned.

"He's one of the originals, he's a legend." Damon stated.

"From the first generation of vampires." Stefan added.

"Like Elijah?" Elena asked.

"No. Elijah was the Easter bunny compared to Klaus. He's a foot soldier. Klaus is the real deal." Rose explained.

"Klaus is known to be the oldest." Stefan noted.

"Okay, so you're saying the oldest vampire in the history of time is coming after me?" Elena

"Third oldest, but strongest." I corrected.

"How do you know?" Damon wondered.

"I've been around for a while, heard many stories about the originals." Elena cautioned.

"No." Stefan disagreed.

"Yes." Rose and I both said.

"What they're saying is, I mean if what she's saying is true." Damon started.

"Which it is." Rose stated.

"And you're not saying it so I don't kill you."

"Which I'm not."

"Then we're looking at a solid maybe."

"I believe her." I stated.

Rose gave me a smile of appreciation, Damon on the other hand looked at me with a look telling me to shut the fuck up.

"Look, Elijah's dead, right? So no one else even knows that you exist." Stefan reasoned.

"Well-" I tried but Rose cut me off.

"Not that you know of."

You know what, I give up, they will find out that Elijah is alive sooner or later.

"That's not helping." Damon snarled.

"Look, I've never even met anyone who's laid eyes on him. I mean, we're talking centuries of truth mixed with fiction. We don't know if he's real. For all we know he could just be some sort of stupid bed time story." Stefan tried calming Elena down.

"He's real." I reassured.

"And he doesn't give up. If he wants something, he gets it. If you're not afraid of Klaus, then you're an idiot." Rose added.

"How do you know he's real?" Damon raised his eyebrow.

"I lived in a village a long time ago where I met him, and his siblings." I explained.