EPILOGUE V - mahogany floors

Some crimes are irresponsible
Some are unforgivable. ❞

▭▭▭▭▭▭▭▭▭▭▭▭▭

▭▭▭▭▭▭▭▭▭▭▭▭▭

TW: gore/murder/blood, allusions to stalking and torture, obsessiveness, suicide attempt.

➷ set in whatever time period you'd like :)

➷ the location is a real place. i saw some historical references on the place dating back to world war ii and maybe earlier

➷ y/f/p - your favorite pastry

➷ y/e/c - your eye color

➷ small note: i'm not knowledgeable on how mental hospitals operate in detail. however, i can say that whatever i write is fictional and some interpretation of insane asylums in modern times (especially in movies and stigmas in media) are also over exaggerated most of the time. be aware of mental treatments and how severity of mental disorders can affect it. sometimes it is beneficial

w.c.: 5.8k+

:::::♥ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ♥:::::

LOCATION
ENGLAND.

—— YOUR FOOT STEPPED OUT from the open car door, turning back to the driver to thank them. when you closed the door and stepped away, you heard the taxi engine hum just a decibel louder, skidding away and off to its next customer. you took the time to soak in your surroundings, taking in a deep breath and sighing.

you clutched your duffel bag in front of you, feeling it grazing upon your pencil skirt and leggings / trousers [you're wearing a business casual outfit so whatever you prefer out of those choices]. you swallowed, staring up at the building with thick walls, wide length, and barred windows — an institute enclosing the brightest yet darkest people of england behind its historical walls. bristol city mental hospital.

━─━─━━─━「₪」━━─━─━─━

—— THE AIR FELT WEIRD. it's always been like that with some sort of sanitary crisp to it yet a peculiar warmth swirled in by the sunlight shooting in from layered windows, almost making you forget the building's true history. it was enough to make the white walls develop a hue of warm beige accompanied by lined shadows. you followed a nurse down the hallway, walking past other patients in their vanilla robes who were following other nurses and sometimes a guard. some were free-walkers while others may have been in wheelchairs, handcuffs, or precautionary gloves with their heads down, no emotion flickering on their wrinkled faces.