Chapter 70 - Meet JangMi

Start from the beginning

Over the next few days, we noticed a pattern. Whenever the baby was about to be in distress from a dirty diaper, hunger, or whatever it might be, Sherman would get upset. He would come find one of us and make sure we knew. He had a connection to this baby.

At our first checkup, both mother and baby were perfectly fine. Bedrest was lifted, but I was told to still take it easy. Only necessary tasks and no heavy lifting. It was basically the same as I had been used to for weeks.

Emma and Jun had come to meet the baby. I noticed couple rings on their fingers, and she smiled when she saw that I had noticed them. I knew she would fill me in later. She was there for the baby. Halmeoni had come by every day to check up on us and to make sure we had food. The guys had also come by to see us either alone or in pairs. Minhyuk was officially on paternity leave, so they were handling all the business without bothering him. They brought gifts from Monbebe when they came.

We had planned to go to the Jeju Island house, but a bad storm had hit and caused some damage. We had to get that repaired, so we stayed home. It was great having Nikki there, but I think she felt like a 5th wheel. She told me that she had decided to stay with Kyun at night, but she would be here during the day. She looked pleased when she told me. I think she had wanted to do it since he asked but felt obligated to me. This was a good middle ground.

After the first week, Minhyuk was going stir crazy. He loved being with me and the baby, but he needed to be busy. I called the guys and asked them to come over a couple of days a week to keep him busy. They could bring work or play. I really didn't care. He would still be right there with us, but he could be busy too.

My plan worked. Minhyuk had a nice mix of wife and baby, with brothers and work. Nikki was perfectly content to hang with us. She brought her laptop and worked while me and baby napped. I was exhausted and so very thankful to have Nikki there. I had learned a lot just being there when her kids had been born, but now the tables had turned. She was teaching me a lot. And she was taking a lot of burden off of me, considering I had basically been sliced in half.

Okay, so maybe I am being a little dramatic, but that is how I felt. I was so happy to have my daughter in my arms, but I was a little sad that I had missed out on the birthing experience. I told Nikki and she just started laughing.

"So, you would rather be ripped open by something the size of a small watermelon exiting your body than an 8-inch cut across your abdomen? Sex would never be the same if you had gone for option A," she laughed.

"I meant the emotional part of it. I was out for the whole thing. But she is here now. That is what matters," I smiled down at the tiny human in m arms. She stretched and smacked her lips, then snuggled back on.

"She is such a good baby, Sunny. I have hardly heard her cry since I have been here."

"She cries a little at night, when we put her in her crib. I think she just wants to be held."

"That makes sense. I know I want to be held all the time too."

"That's right, you have updates for me, right? I've been stuck in this house for days now. You have to give me some 3rd party excitement." I lowered my voice to a loud whisper.

"Well, it is an adjustment, cohabitating with a man. I am definitely out of practice. Bobby does not count," she held up her finger in anticipation of my comment. "He is so comfortable in the nude. He is very confident and proud of his body... with good reason. The sex is out of this world, especially since we are not rushed and don't have to hide. He is the most considerate lover I have ever known."

"Nik, you've known 3. Let's be honest."

"Mmm, actually it was 4. You forgot Scotty Bennett. Right before I met Robert."