Chapter 68 - Nikki's Arrival

Start from the beginning

"What does your heart tell you?"

"My heart can't make up its effing mind!" we laughed, and the mood was a little lighter.

"Maybe just go with it and see where it leads. When the time is right, you will know. I can tell you that Changkyun is sincere. Whatever he has said or done, he is sincere. He feels things deeply and cares deeply for those he loves. I have learned that about him since I have been here. He is moody and intense, but sincere."

"I have definitely seen all of that. He is one of a kind, Sunny. He is absolutely nothing like Robert, and not like anyone I have ever met. I like where things are right now. But sometimes I want more. That is when the guilt kicks in. I will be there in two weeks. Face to face with him. I need to have some idea of where I am before that."

"Maybe when you get here... out of that house with his ghost, you will see things more clearly."

"You are probably right. Robert is everywhere here. His memory, his ghost as you said, is here." She sighed loudly and paused. "I have been thinking about selling the house."

"What? You said you would never move from that house! You told the kids they would have to bury you in the back yard. I remember that night. They looked at you like you had lost your mind."

"I know, I know... and that makes me feel more guilty. Sunny, I don't know what to do. I am so confused right now."

"Have you talked to Robert about it?" Nikki would talk to his photograph when she needed comfort or advice. Somehow, it always helped.

"No. It involves another man. I haven't been able to do it."

"I think you know what you need to do then."

"Yes. You are right. I do."

When we hung up, I wanted to cry for her. My emotions were still all over the place, so it didn't take much to set me off in any given direction. Nikki was the kind of woman who relied on facts and evidence to make her decisions. She makes up her mind and does whatever she needs to get it done.

Sherman came to my side and whimpered softly as he put his paw on my leg. It was as if he were comforting me. Or maybe he just wanted attention. Either way, it was a welcome distraction. I reached down and petted him. He wanted in my lap, but there was no room for him there. I shifted on the couch, and he jumped up and cuddled in beside me. I scratched his ears as I picked up my book to read.

My head kept dropping and I could not keep my eyes open. I laid the book down and leaned back against the pillows on the couch and Sherman moved up higher right by my face. We fell asleep. The next thing I knew, Minhyuk was standing over me, brushing my hair out of my face. Sherman raised his head and got down to say hello to his daddy, so Min sat in the spot he had been laying.

"How are you feeling, Jagiya?" He asked softly.

"Mmm, I feel sleepy. Do I have to get up?" I replied lazily as I stretched my arms over my head.

"No, you don't have to get up. Why don't you go back to sleep? I will put the food in the refrigerator."

"Oh no no, food now. Sleep after." I awkwardly pushed myself up. He put his arm around me and pulled me against his chest.

"My girls are hungry," he giggled.

"Yes, we are. Almost always, it seems. What yummies did you bring us tonight?" I reached for the container on the table in front of me. "Ooh, jajangmyeon. She likes jajangmyeon." He handed me a pair of chopsticks and started opening the rest of the bowls. I stirred my noodles and took a big bite. They were delicious. Min fed me some kimchi, and then some other bites like he always does with the members. That was one of the things that I fell in love with about him before I even met him. He was always taking care of the others.