Chapter 24

Several days have passed. I was training every single day along with Minghao. Every day I felt stronger and stronger. I felt ready to accomplish my greatest task - to kill the king. But still, in deep of myself, I felt bad because I had to kill the king and father of the prince. But I had no choice. It's my destiny. Nothing more, nothing less.

I was sitting on the ground by the stone wall, looking up into the prince's window. I saw him. He was so beautiful, but I still could see his sad look. He knew what I'm going to do, he was just waiting for that day. He didn't even try to stop me. I wished there was another option.

Soonyoung wasn't here because this night was a full moon and that meant he was changing into a werewolf as always. Seokmin went with him to the forest. He was safe there. I wished I had the power to change his destiny. I wished he could live a normal life like other people here.

"What are you thinking about?"

I flinched a little, turning to the person, standing above me. I smiled when I realized it was just Minghao. "I was just thinking about Soonyoung and his curse."

Minghao nodded and furrowed his eyebrows. He sat down beside me and sighed. "He doesn't have an easy life at all," He said. "I'm not even sure if the curse can be lifted, but I also want to help him. I've tried everything!"

I looked at him. Minghao looked so desperate. He wanted to help his friend, but he was helpless... And that was the worst for him, not to be able to help someone who was like a brother to him. He was the most powerful magician here and he couldn't even help his friend. It was hard for him. I could feel with him.

***

"What happened?" Jisoo asked me quickly.

I didn't answer. I just grabbed a glass of water. Then I turned to him. "I don't know what to do, Jisoo..." I sighed and sat down on the chair, putting the glass on the table.

Jisoo also sat down on the chair opposite me.

"You know what exactly happened," I sadly smiled.

He nodded in response. "Yeah, you're right, Sol. You need to kill the king, but Seungkwan knows about your task, am I right?"

I nodded. "But I don't know what to do!" I shouted in desperate. "I can't change my destiny..."

"No, you can't," Jisoo said calmly. "But you can show him who you really are. You aren't a killer, you're just the one who must kill the king, that's all," he added simply.

"You're right, Jisoo.  I promise, I'll try my best!"

Jisoo smirked. "I know."