Chapter 5

The next midnight came and I was ready to appear in the book again. After a moment, the book opened and then I appeared in. 

The person appeared in front of me after a while. "Now, sit on the unicorn and go to choose your path. It's time to start your journey," the mysterious man said and pointed at the horse.

I took a breath and did what he said. The unicorn turned around with me and suddenly I realized what's happening now. The forest appeared in front of us. I swear, I didn't see any forest before.

Once again I turned to the man. He made a huge smile on his face. I had to admit, it was a little scary.

The unicorn and I went to the forest. After a while, we were there. The unicorn was really fast. He was faster than normal horses in the human world. I noticed two paths. No... No, No, No! It can't be-

Yes, my master. It is. Here's your first choice. You have only one choice. I believe you will make the right choice.

A deep voice of unicorn came through my head. I sighed. I didn't know what to do. How even I could choose only one path!? Which was the right one? They both looked the same. Where was the difference?

Just choose one of them.

"I KNOW!"

I hated the feeling when I couldn't choose. 

My master! We don't have time anymore! You must choose right now!

At first, I didn't understand, but then I heard something. I wish someone was here and told me not to turn around. I turned behind me and noticed a fire approaching.

I don't know which one is right!

Me neither, my master. Only you know which path is right because you're chosen, not me. I'm just your loyal servant.

"Argh! Okay! The one on the right is correct! And now, let's go!" 

The unicorn rode as if our lives were at stake. Did we go for an hour? I'm not sure, but I knew one thing, we were safe for now. I looked around. Where are we?

I think you'll find out soon enough.

***

I sat up on my bed and breathed rapidly. What happened in the book? What was that place? I had too many questions, but nobody was there to answer me. Then, I realized what happened yesterday. Again, I just cared about myself, meanwhile, my only friend had some problems as well. Suddenly I felt terrible about it. Maybe I was slowly losing my only friend...