6 - Change

Jimin sat in his bedroom three days later, at around ten in the evening.

He just got home from work. He danced today, again. And, he got groped.

It wasn't the worst case situation, but each time he got violated, he felt closer to calling Jungkook.

Jimin thought back to his words. Why should he blindly trust the man? He was a couple years older, that much he could see, but he knew nothing about him.

Aside from his name, Jimin knew nothing about him. But... He still felt like the man was right. Jungkook was right. He loved dancing but he didn't like working at the strip club. That was all he knew to do. He couldn't qualify anywhere and after the conversation he had with Jungkook three days ago, he felt like he should take this opportunity. After all, people walk into an interview not knowing a single thing about the employer and yet, they trust them enough to apply for the job.

With a similar concept in mind, Jimin sat in his bed, against the headboard, holding the business card in his hand as he nibbled on his bottom lip gently, carefully thinking about this. He contemplated calling Jungkook each day.

Would he be sleeping now?

Jimin bit his bottom lip, before throwing caution to the wind and pressing dial. What much did he have to lose? He had nothing.

Jimin held the phone up to his ear as he held his breath with each ring. Until, finally, someone picked up.

"Hello?" The voice spoke, causing Jimin to exhale loudly.

"Mr. Jeon?" Jimin asked to confirm. He could tell by the voice that it was Jungkook, but he just wanted to make sure.

After a second, the voice responded.

"Jimin? Is it you?" Jungkook asked. He was startled. He really felt like Jimin would reject the offer.

"Yeah... Yeah, it's me... Uh... About your offer..." Jimin began as he spoke hesitantly. Jungkook waited for Jimin to respond, but the younger just didn't know what else to say.

"What about it, Angel?" Jungkook piped up when he realized that Jimin was not speaking further.

"I... Uh... What does it entail?" Jimin asked. He wanted to know exactly what was in store for him before he signed anything or even verbally agreed to anything.

"Well. I was thinking that you could work for me. I could hire you as my secretary, or maybe my PA, and within these three months of you working for me, I'll try to invest in a way for you to dance in a place that will let people learn your talents," Jungkook said into the call. Jimin just nibbled on his bottom lip.

"Learn my talents?" Jimin questioned.

"I think you're too good of a dancer to be working at a strip club. You're only subjected to one type of audience and that's horny people looking for company. I want people to see your dancing and to appreciate it. Don't you want that as well?" Jungkook asked in the call.

"Of course, I want that. But why should I trust you?" Jimin asked. He didn't stray away from the purpose of this conversation. He wanted to see if he could build trust in this man. Judging by his brown doe eyes and his innocent gaze, Jimin wanted to trust him, but he couldn't yet.

"Well... I don't have anything to gain. I don't plan on using you for lap dances. That isn't my type of thing. I simply want to hire you. I know you don't like working there. I can see it. You were so surprised when I declined your lap dance. Some people get used to working that way but not you. My assumption is that you haven't been working there for as long as the others. I want to get you out of there," Jungkook said. Jimin just listened carefully, making his decisions in his head.