5 - Bidding

The following week, Jungkook had a plan. He didn't listen to Taehyung. Not even a little. He had an urge to completely reconstruct the strip club, and turn it into a community center. Instead of it being a strip club and taking up space in the heart of the city, he wanted it to be a community center where they could hold charity events. He thought it was great.

That was how he planned to give back to the community; by removing the black mark of the perfect city.

Jungkook was ready to do anything to buy the strip club. He was willing to pay any amount. He just wanted the strip club gone.

So... He met with the owner today on a Sunday after one week of planning meticulously. He wanted to invest in something that the community would like.

Jungkook wore his usual suit attire as he walked into the strip club during the evening. It was around eight in the evening and after work hours. He couldn't leave during work hours. He didn't want Taehyung to know that he went behind his back so he had to go when Taehyung would leave work.

Right now, Jungkook adjusted his blazer as he walked up the staircase at the side of the building, entering a more quiet place as he walked to the end where the owner's office resided.

After a few knocks, the owner called him in. Jungkook had already spoken to him on the phone earlier today as he planned a meeting.

Jungkook hesitantly opened the door, entering to see a man with pitch black hair and a perfect suit sitting on a couch that was in front of a large window overlooking his club. From this height, the owner could see all the activity below. The strippers dancing. The people having a good time.

Jungkook gulped as he entered. He walked towards the couch, standing behind it instead of standing near it. The owner sensed the man's nervousness from just behind him.

"Take a seat. Don't just stand there," the owner's voice rang through Jungkook's ears. The loud music of the club was softened to a small vibration upstairs.

Jungkook gulped as he walked around to take a seat at a considerable distance between him and the owner. Jungkook was a CEO but he was also quite anxious whenever he met new people.

"Uhh... Hi. My name is Jeon Jungkook and I spoke with you on the phone today," Jungkook spoke first.

"I am aware. I can recognise your voice. My name is Jung Hoseok. Owner of The Devil's Fortress. You want to buy my club from me?" Hoseok turned his attention away from the window overlooking his club and gazed at Jungkook.

"Please hear my proposal out-"

"No. You listen to me first. I know what you people think. A strip club. It's immoral. However, I make more money a week than you could pay me for this building. So why should I even consider your proposal?" Hoseok stopped Jungkook right in his tracks. The younger man gulped for a second. Hoseok really meant business. Lucky for Jungkook, he also did.

"Well... Tell me how much you make per annum. If you give me a rough estimate,  not only will you receive the proceeds from selling the building to me but also, I will give you shares in my company to make up for the returns you should have seen if you still had the club as yours. You'll be earning extra if you count the income from the actual selling of the land to me," Jungkook proposed. He really wanted the club to be his. So he could demolish it.

Hoseok pursed his lips in thought. That was a good deal. He could use the money he earned from selling the land and he could keep it in a fixed deposit. He would earn enough from having shares in Jungkook's company. There wasn't a downside to the situation.

"If you don't mind me asking... What do you plan to do with this place if I sell it to you?" Hoseok asked out of curiosity. Jungkook relaxed into the couch as he sat a small distance away from Hoseok, declining the drink that Hoseok had gestured for him to have.