| EPILOGUE |

"When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew." – Arrigo Boito

The sun rose steadily as it's beams of light shot through the thin tangled branches of the trees

The sun rose steadily as it's beams of light shot through the thin tangled branches of the trees. The sky was slowly transforming from the murky grey to a promising baby blue with plush clouds; just as it should be in the small city.

A house not far away from the outskirts was slowly awakening as the deafening sounds of early morning penetrated into the ears of the people asleep. The bedroom was filled with soft snores as the couple slept on, unaware of the other room where there was a bustle of activity.

A pair of footsteps waddled to the room, every few often slipping on the rug as they fell, inexperienced in the art of walking. The curious little body poked the door which made a small shriek as it creaked open.

Making a delighted little chuckle the toddler walked over to the sleeping people covered in a huge fur blanket and jumped on them.

"Ooff!" Came the similar replies as the two jolted awake at the unexpected heaviness that had leaped on them. Peals of giggles brought them out of their reverie as the little toddler giggled harder and harder.

The man yawned loudly before sitting up and scooping the baby girl into his arms, nudging his nose with hers. "Who woke Daddy up so early?"

The little girl thrashed in his arms as the man who looked so much like her, with the same hair tickled her. A soft yawn had them both staring at the woman beside them, her dark hair spread over the pillow as she smiled gently at the toddler and the man.

"Good morning Mommy!" Came the eager greeting along with a leap towards the woman who let out a strangled sound before she was leaped on and showered with kisses.

"Lila!" The woman scolded as she and her husband started to assault the helpless girl with a flurry of kisses and tickles. Lila pushed them off as she slid down the bed and walked as fast as she could to the door. She reached the door and turned her brown eyes filled with eagerness.

"Christmas tree decorations!" Lila yelled as she rushed out of the room, thinking about the promise that her parents had made about decorating the tree. The man slowly got out of the bed and walked over to the window where his wife stood, looking over the wintry landscape with a joyful smile.

"Good morning, Auriana," The man murmured as he nestled his face into her curled hair, his hands sliding over her stomach in a comfortable embrace. Auriana sighed into him as she looked up at him, matching his fervor with equal ardor.

"Damian," She whispered back as they gazed outside at the sky, thinking and reminiscing about their past.

It had been ten years since all had transpired. Both of them had gone to college in different states but they stayed in touch. Late replies, blue tick marks and short calls didn't define their relationship because both knew their love - which had only grown - was stronger.