| ELEVEN |

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you are the world."

Dad was gone

Dad was gone.

When I went down for breakfast there was a note on the table. It read, 'I left at 1AM, fridge is stocked. Call if you need anything'. I stared at the note in shock as I crumpled it up in my trembling hands. He didn't even say 'I love you'?

I sank into a chair as I slumped into the table, burying my face into the crook of my arms, even after I exploded he didn't understand. Now he'll only be back after 13 days. I took a shaky sigh and picked up my phone which had started to ring.

Amelia had called and she said we'd walk to school together, since we hadn't had much time together since Neil. So after I got over the insensitive note left on the table, I made my way outside where Amelia stood waiting for me.

I ran over to her and pulled her into a hug. She stumbled back but she returned my hug nonetheless. I don't know what I'd ever do without her, Damian. She's been my rock through it all.

She pulled back with a knowing smile and knocked my shoulder against hers, "We're having a slumber party and then we three have to go to that new carnival that's in town."

I chuckled as we chattered about the latest gossip in school and before we knew it we had reached the grey building. We walked through the doors and into the thronging crowd of adolescents.

Amelia waited patiently next to me as I filled up my locker and she went over a check list for the upcoming prom.

"Okay, anything else to add? Ah, how could I forget streamers!" She muttered as she scribbled wildly in her book.

"What's the theme for this year's prom?" I asked her as I heaved my sky blue binder out of my bag. As I shuffled through my notes for my homework - which I have no idea where I put - Amelia explained that the theme was a masquerade book character theme.

"That's interesting," I speculated as we suddenly grew aware of the sudden moment of silence in the otherwise - deafening hallway. I peeked out of my locker to see you and the other team members of the football team coming through the corridor.

Neil was with you as you chatted about something. Whispers lit the student body like flames of fire licking each and every person except you; because you were the very essence of the candle.

Neil's eyes searched the length of the aisle until they fell on the girl beside me who was smirking with pride. Neil smirked back as he disbanded from the group and all eyes followed him as he reached us and swooped down to meet Amelia in a cheek kiss.

I hadn't noticed you disbanding the group until you came up behind me and whispered in my ear. I shrieked and jumped and that made you laugh. It was like listening to your favorite low bass song and I was smiling like a love-sick idiot.

By the time you were done, your eyes were twinkling and your mouth was in the biggest grin I had ever seen.

"Auriana, pleasure to see you, as always," You said, a teasing tone to your voice as I mumbled back a response. Amelia raised her eyebrows and Neil winked at me.

"Hey Damian, Amelia's sitting with us today and Auriana's joining in as well. What do you say to that?"

I furiously blushed at my best friend and her boyfriend who stood grinning impishly while you stood there oblivious, "Of course, I can't wait!"

I wondered what was running through your mind...