| FOUR |

"Save me from drowning, I'm falling deep into the ocean of love."

Remember that big history project I was talking about? Well I didn't know that it was gonna contribute to 40% of our grade! I mean really Mr

Remember that big history project I was talking about? Well I didn't know that it was gonna contribute to 40% of our grade! I mean really Mr. Clark? Could he not have conducted a small quiz and sent us to college?

No, he just couldn't.

But it gets worse; the teacher just had to pull out names from his famous top hat to make partners so guess who's my fabulous partner now? Kayla - Kalya Parkers as in the girl you're with. I'm guessing God really loved to make my life seem like a huge joke!

I didn't have anything against Kayla, she was nice and pretty and good. She was perfect and maybe that's why I disliked her. She was kind and nice but she lacked your friendliness. But she did have a major problem with being pushed off to the side so she pretended to act all snobby and rude.

Kayla and I decided to meet outside near the bleachers after school to discuss what key points to add. Amelia said she would accompany me because I looked sorta pale but I coaxed her to go on home. She smiled at me worriedly before she pulled me into a hug and waved as I left.

I was shivering - even though it was spring - by the time I had sat on one of the bleachers near the big football field and I was trying to keep warm by rubbing my hands together before a voice had me jumping up.

It was you and I swear everything just stopped as you asked me a question. Your hair was curled in soft waves and your eyes searched mine for an answer. You looked like you had just stepped out of bed with your untamed hair but that made you seem perfect to me.

I could only stare at you as your mouth moved to accommodate the words you had directed to me but I could only stare at you in shock and fear and excitement all bundled together in a big rubber ball.

It was only when Neil had me sit down and give me his big leather jacket that I was able to recover from my previous shock. It seemed that the football team was practicing today but the coach was sick so they were heading back home. Kayla, who wanted to watch them practice, heard the news and decided to go home, leaving me alone.

Neil took his jacket after I urged him that I was fine. You stood there a little away as you watched our exchange with curious eyes - eyes which I tried so hard to avoid because I knew I would turn pink if I looked. But then you had to step into the picture.

"Let me drop her Neil," You said with a comforting tone as I stood there frozen - totally caught off guard. Neil looked at his watch and frowned as he turned to me. Neil had to drop his older sister to the airport and he was running late.

Overcome with nerves, I had to shake my head and say that I would go home alone. You stared at me with a deep frown as Neil tried to coax me to come with them but I was already out of the field, my heart beating a million per minute.

All I could help but think was: would this change anything between us?