Peace of Mind

You could taste blood in your mouth as Naoya's hands squeezed your windpipe.

The three servants in the room had the their heads facing the ground.

"I-it was...a joke." You struggled to say.

"A joke huh?" He asked angrily.

He let go of your neck and took a few steps back. You felt relieved, but began to panic when he started rolling up his sleeves.

He turned to the servants, "Get out!"

"No, no, no, no, no please..." You begged, "...don't go, please don't leave me."

They scurried out ignoring your plead.

"Repeat what you said earlier." Naoya's eyes were filled with rage as he turned back to you.

Just a few minutes ago, the two of you were happily watching a movie. When you saw a handsome actor and joked about leaving him for the actor. That was a big mistake, because he didn't take it as a joke and struck your face, before grabbing you by the neck.

"I'm-I'm sorry. I'll never say that again, please forgive me." You sobbed, trying to calm him down.

"Repeat...what...you...said!" With each word he took a step closer to you.

"Naoya please...I'm begging you." You cried with pleading eyes.

"Don't make me say it a third time." He warned.

You knew that not doing what he asked would make things even worse, "He's s-so handsome, ma-maybe I-I should leave you for-"

A firm kick to the stomach left you out of breath and unable to finish your sentence. Followed by several more kicks.

The servants outside the room could hear it all. The thuds, stomps and whimpers, but there was nothing they could do about it.

So they stood there, pretending as if nothing was happening on the other side of the door.

Naoya pulled you up by your hair and slammed you against the wall, then pressed his body against yours with his elbow on your neck. Your lips where swollen as saliva mixed with blood dripped from the side of your mouth.

"If you ever leave me for someone else, I will fucking kill you! Do you understand me?!"

With half opened eyes you looked into the eyes of the man who claimed to love you and all you saw was something sinister and dark, he wasn't joking.

Unable to speak due to the pressure on your neck, you give him a half nod.

"Good..." He let go and you fell, "...don't ever forget this."

'It was just a joke.' You thought as you sobbed quietly while caressing your neck.

Naoya slid the door open and left you on the floor, crying.

Moments later the servants rushed in worriedly, "Madam are you ok?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Start the fucking car already." He hissed.

Your body moved on its own and obeyed him. The destination was a manufacturing company an hour and a half away.

'He's going to kill me.' You thought fearfully. Your hands were shaking as you gripped the stirring wheel.

"I'm sure that you aren't the one who was supposed to pick me up today. So what happened to the person who was?" He asked calmly.

"Th-they got...food poisoning and...c-couldn't make it." You stuttered.

'It's good to see that she still has the fear that I instilled in her.' He thought smugly.