A Place to Hide

You opened your eyes sluggishly to the sound of your alarm and lazily switched it off. Noticing that Gojo's back was still turned, you got off the bed slowly.

Normally you would wake him up, but you chose not to. Since you weren't even sure if you would be able to touch him.

Last night's event, was still lingering in your head as you got ready for work. Once you were done, you left without saying a word to your sleeping boyfriend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I thought that you were going to tell him about Tadako, but instead you stirred up some past trauma." Ieiri said leaning forward and resting her hands on the table.

"I didn't mean to." You sighed.

You told Ieiri what happened and asked her to tell you the full story.

"Well technically Satoru didn't kill Suguru, he just finished him off." She said with a grim expression.

You stared at her confused.

She sighed deeply and then explained, "Due to certain events, Suguru left and became a curse user. Then years later he attacked the school and fought with one of the now second year, Okkotsu Yuta. He was defeated and gravely injured, basically at deaths door and Satoru just you know."

'Her explanation is vague, it's probably hard for her to talk about it as well.' You thought.

"Oh." You said looking at the ground.

"Cheer up [Y/n], he probably didn't mean to use his infinity on you." She said giving you a warm smile.

"But still..." You looked at your hands, "...it hurt."

Ieiri remained quiet and stared at you for a moment. "Was it the first time that he did that?"

"Yes."

"Really? Even before you guys started dating, he never used it on you?" She asked surprised.

"No, never." You replied.

'Wow, he's used it on me more times than I can count.' She thought.

"Don't let it bother you. I don't think that he did it on purpose, his emotions probably had something to do with it. Just give this some time, soon it'll be as if it never happened." She said.

'But it did happen. And I don't want to pretend like it didn't.' You thought sadly.

*Ring, ring*

You took out your phone.

"It's Satoru right?" Ieiri asked.

"Mm-hmm" You nodded.

"See, he's probably calling to apologize and make up." She said optimistically.

You sighed and answered, "Hey Satoru."

Ieiri watched as your expression went from somewhat glad to disappointed, while you spoke to Gojo.

"What happened? What did he say?" She asked curiously.

"He's at the airport. Apparently he's going on a mission overseas." You said rolling your eyes.

"So instead of talking things out like an adult, he's running away? Satoru can be such an asshole sometimes." She sighed.

You stayed quiet and stared at your phone.

'I probably shouldn't have said that.' She thought as she studied your expression.

"Listen [Y/n]-"

"I can't catch a break." You whispered.