Quarrel

The drive back to Tokyo was quiet and short, since Gojo had taken the first train back early that morning.

You still had to show up for work after you returned.

Things were busy at the office since Ijichi wasn't around.

'Sigh...I hope he's is ok.' You thought, leaning back into your chair.

He was really upset when you drove him to the station.

*Ring, ring*

"Hey babe." You answered.

"Hello, my chocolate parfait. Are you back?" He asked.

"Yes, I'm actually at the office right now." You replied.

"Such a hard worker. I'm proud of you." He praised.

"Thanks... are you ok?" You instantly regretted asking that.

'Of course he's not ok. He just lost one of his students.' You thought.

"Uhm yeah..." He cleared his throat. "...I'm ok."

"I'm here for you, if you need anything." You consoled.

"Thanks sweetheart. I'll come by your place later. After Shoko's done dissecting Yuji." He said.

'Dissect? Makes it sound like he was a lab rat or something.' You thought.

Gojo wasn't wrong though. Ieiri was going to dissect Yuji and make use of his body, since he was Sukuna's vessel.

"No need, just tell me when you're home and I'll come to you." You suggested.

"Ok, I'll see you later then."

"Bye babe." You gave out a deep sigh after hanging up.

You wanted to be there for him, but you weren't sure what to say or even how to console him.

Students dying during a mission wasn't common at the school, but there had been a few over the years. This was different though, Gojo had high hopes for Yuji, and the higher ups cut his life short.

'Nanami was right, this people are shitty. Itadori was a good kid.' You thought.

On your way home, you stopped by one of Gojo's favorite bakery and bought him a strawberry cheesecake to try and cheer him up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The time read 10:50pm when Gojo texted you that he was home. You made your way to his place with the cake. It only took a few knocks for him to open the door.

"There's my favorite person!" He said cheerfully.

You smiled at him and walked in.

"Here, this is for you." You said handing him the decorated box.

"Thank you." He smirked taking it.

'He seems calm, but I guess we all grieve differently.' You thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you sure that you don't want a slice?" He asked before stuffing a forkful of cake into his mouth.

"I'm sure, plus eating cake at night isn't healthy." You responded, your eyes fixated on the television.

"Maybe for normal people, but it's healthy for me." He smirked.

"I guess you are abnormal. I mean, how can you eat so much sugar and not get fat." You teased.

Gojo wasn't listening, his attention was on the cake, and comedy show he was watching.