Chapter Twenty - Three | The Last Game

Chapter 23 | The last game
•••

Gabriella's pov

All of a sudden a player knocks Grey down. Hard. The stands go silent as Grey doesn't get back up right away..

Seconds pass and Grey hasn't gotten up. My stomach turns and I see the referee stop the game and all the players are standing around Grey stiff body laying on the ground.

I jump over the fence and run across the field. I hear mumbles and people talking but I can't make up what they are saying, and I don't care.

My knees probably bleed from hitting the grass hardly sitting right next to Grey. All the players have concerned looks on their faces as the nurse is checking Greys eyes with a light. She looks at me, then the coach. "He's unconscious, it doesn't look good." She says with a pitiful look on her face. The same look on the Cheif that told me my dad passed away. Why does she have that look on her face? He's not dead.

"Grey, babe. Wake up, come on." I say in tears, caressing his face.

No response.

"Babe stop messing around come on." I cry.

No response.

"Grey! Babe please!" I yell, shaking him, my face laying in his chest that used to be warm, now cold.

"Why isn't he waking up!" I yell to the players.

"Gabi this isn't the first time." Asher says, putting his hand in my shoulder.

"What?" I say.

"The doctor said the next time he gets hit.." he stops.

"Asher what!" I yell, crying harder than I ever have.

"She said it would cause serious damage.." he says, guilt covering his face.

"Why didn't you stop him!? Why didn't he tell me!" I yell, guilt filling me up inside.

"He told us not too." Reese says.

"Grey please, you have your whole life a head of you. Get up!" I cry.

Bri and Chloe run to hold me down as the ambulance takes Grey.

"This isn't real." I tell them, In disbelief.

"It's gonna be ok gabby." Bri says.

𝙰𝚞𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚎 <𝟹
𝚂𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚜 𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚝!

𝙰𝚞𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚎 <𝟹𝚂𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚜 𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚝!