88 - Wand

THREE MONTHS LATER

Christopher
***

Finals week of the second semester is always stressful for both teachers and students. To make it worse, the hot June weather made it impossible to want to stay indoors and work, adding to everyone's stress.

For the art students, this was particularly painful. Evergreen's art studios became a literal greenhouse during this time of year. Firstly, the tall glass windows didn't stop the sun rays from coming in, and secondly, the studios were so packed that the human heat made it difficult to breathe.

I told Ali she could come to my apartment and use my art room instead of submitting herself to those harsh conditions, but she refused. She said she wanted her final assignment to be a surprise and that she'd be tempted to ask for my help and approval. She had to produce a total of eight paintings minimum in order to pass the class, which I had no doubt she would. However, I knew how competitive she could be and so I didn't bother her or give her unsolicited advice. For this reason, we didn't spend as much time together as I'd want, but I knew once finals week was over things would change for the better.

I spent most of my days at Evergreen grading essays and exams. The only good thing about staying there until late in the afternoon was Ali's secret visit to my office, giving us both a break from our work. Ever since I told her about Oliver and I found out about her abusive relationship, I thought I'd never be able to be intimate with her like we were before, but thankfully I was wrong. The care we had for one another now only made every act more intimate and special. Even quickies in storage rooms were filled with passion and vigor.

Ali was right when she told me months ago our sex lives would only become better after overcoming these hurdles, and I had no doubt in my mind it was that way because of her. The patience she showed me in the first month was impressive. When I was ready to touch and be touched again, she knew that we'd have to go slow, that I couldn't feel strong emotions right away, that the dominance and the submission we both loved would naturally find its way back if we didn't force it.

And it did find its way back in an all consuming, insatiable way. Not a day went by that we didn't want to be together. She brought such light into the darkness that was my mind that being with her made the clouds go away, made the stress melt, made my anxiety shut the hell up.

For Alison not to raise any suspicion about her whereabouts when she was with me, we agreed she'd paint and study until six in the afternoon at Evergreen and instead of going home she'd come to my apartment. I usually got their earlier so I could take her by surprise with whatever crazy idea I had in mind. The desire we had for one another was unmatched, and to quench that thirst at the end of a long day of work was sublime. Then, just before dinner, I'd drop her off in her rented apartment to make her flatmates think she had been at Evergreen working on her final assignments until late.

However, it wasn't all rainbows and sunshine. There were days when the antidepressants weren't working as well, when the anxiety crept in through the cracks. In those days it became hard to work and even harder to pretend that I was feeling alright. Ali saw right through me and didn't make me feel bad for feeling this way. We took it slow, cuddling on the couch and resting on each other.

Most days I felt serene, confident, and genuinely happy. Today was no exception, and as I waited for Ali to arrive I couldn't help but feel my stomach tightening, my mouth watering, and my member hardening.