VII

C h a p t e r S e v e n
of "The Heart of Fear":

We took the bus to the centre of the town, and Adam dragged me to a small café close to the bus station. We sat down at a table close to the windows that viewed the street outside, and Adam excused himself before walking away.

I took the time to send my mother a text, telling her that I was going to be home later than usual.

"Why are we here?" I asked as I saw Adam walking towards our table.

"And what do you have here?" I said before laughing when I saw that Adam's hands were full of different kinds of sweets.

Adam laughed before proceeding in telling me the different names of the cakes, but I could not concentrate on anything beside his beautiful eyes. His eyes were the most fascinating detail in his appearance; they seemed to have the simplest shade of brown when you looked at them from a distance, but when you came closer - you could see a honeybrown, warm, colour combination, and a hint of gold. It was the same golden colour that seemed to cover everything that Adam was.

"Did you even listen to me?" I smiled embarrassed and shook my head, a slight blush covering my cheeks. Adam laughed.

"I don't think I have ever eaten that much before, not in my entire life. And it all tasted amazing!" I praised.

"Me neither," said Adam, "but I have to say that none of these cakes seem to even be close to being as amazing as you are."

"You are choosing your words wisely, is there perhaps a course in which you learn how to charm a girl best?" I joked.

"No, it seems as if I'm just naturally charming." Adam winked with one of his gorgeous eyes and I laughed.

"Charming you may be, but I do hope that you do not treat every other girl like this."

"You're not every other girl, Lexie. It's you, and only you." The joking tone in Adam's voice was gone, and I laid my hand over his on the table, reassuring him that I did believe his words.

"And you are not every other boy, Adam." I gave him a small smile.

-

After spending the rest of the evening walking around, talking and laughing, we had stopped by a restaurant to eat dinner. I was happy, and I thought that Adam was, too.

I had a undescribable time every moment I spent with Adam, but it still felt odd at times. Before Adam, I had barely even glanced at a boy, and now, I was spending all my time with one. Adam always proceeded in keeping me close, too; if he wasn't having one of his strong arms around my shoulders or my waist, he was holding my hand tightly in his. It was nice, but odd.

While we ate, Adam cracked some bad jokes about the theme of the restaurant, and we both laughed until we had tears in our eyes. It was amusing, he was amusing. And he was verylovely, too.

After finishing our dinner, we made our way out on the streets again, where we walked until we came to a lighted entrance. It was the entrance toa biograph.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" Adam asked as we made our way in and towards the cashier, not thinking of where we were going.

"Only if I can pay." I didn't want Adam to spend as much money on me as he already had, I felt as if I was using him, and it didn't feel alright.

"Never, Lexie. It's not every day I have the chance to give a beautiful girl all that she needs, and I will take every given possibility to give you what you want." I blushed, secretly hoping that there would be more possibilities for him to please me, and for us being together. I smiled.

"Then it's decided. Two tickets, please." Adam smiled at me, took the tickets in his left hand before taking my own in his right as he led us towards the theatre.

Just as the movie were to begin, I leaned forward and asked the question that had been on my mind since we came to the café.

"What are we doing here, exactly?" I felt how Adam's chest vibrated. He laughed.

"Haven't you figured that out yet? We're on a date." I felt how something stirred in my stomach, and a fluttering warmth spread itself towards my heart.

I couldn't keep the smile away from the rest of the night, and I loved every second of it.