"Uh, is that supposed to happen?" She asked Pansy, who shrugged, not knowing. "Blaise?" She asked him, and he peered into the cauldron.

"No, actually." He said. "What'd you do?" He wondered, seeing that she definitely botched it already.

"Dammit, Nott, what did you put in there?" Ophelia scolded the boy who now shrugged.

"I just heard bean and I have like eight types over here."

"Where did you get eight types of beans from?" Pansy asked him, curiously.

"I just grabbed some from the jars. I don't know what the fuck a sopophorous bean is, though." He told her as the bubbles began to rise.

"Uh, guys?" Ophelia began to say when the table started to rumble. Before anything more could happen, she felt her body shoved away, as the cauldron exploded with a loud pop! and all the contents inside created a greenish color painted amongst her saviors face. She looked up from the floor to see Draco standing there with the potion covering him entirely. Blaise let out a stifled laugh as Theo began to roar with laughter. Even Pansy couldn't contain herself at the sight of him. But Ophelia just stared at him, as he side-eyed her from above.

"Oh, good heavens!" Slughorn came to their aid. "Please, Mister Malfoy, you may go and clean yourself up." He told Draco, who immediately left the room, saving himself from any further embarrassment. "Are you alright, Miss Pierce?" Slughorn extended his hand and she held on as he lifted her to her feet.

"I'm okay. I promise, professor, I'm usually much more skilled in potions, when I'm given the correct ingredients." She glared over at Theo who was still dying of laughter.

"Oh, I believe you! Your mother was quite skilled in my class and I don't doubt she has taught you well." He smiled, before prancing off to check on the other students.

"Kiss ass." Blaise joked to Ophelia, as she took a bit of the green-ish goo from the table and wiped it on his robe.

By lunch, Ophelia had decided she needed to properly thank Draco for his sacrifice of his blonde hair and perfect tidy robes, but she may have been using it as an excuse to talk to him. When he finally walked into the Great Hall, he had showered, changed his clothes, and had the same facial expression plastered on his face as he always did these days. Before he could sit down, she stood up, and walked over to him. Their friends were watching eagerly behind them. "Could we talk?" She asked, politely as he stared past her shoulder off into the distance. He was hesitant and more distant than she had ever seen in all their years of knowing one another.

"What's there to talk about, Pierce?" He asked, coldly. They were officially on a last name basis with each other.

"Please, I just would really like to talk to you. In private." She glanced over at the others who were practically fully engrossed in their soap-opera like relationship drama. Without saying anything, he turned and she followed him out of the Great Hall and down a corridor. When there were no students in sight he paused near an empty wall and faced her, but still refusing eye contact. "Thank you." She smiled. "Look, I just want to say I really appreciate you helping me out in Potions today. It really meant a lot."

"I just didn't want to live with a guilty conscious." His voice was vague, monotone and cold. She glanced down at his fists which were curled into balls and he looked impatient.

"What is that supposed to mean?" She snapped at him.

"It means, had I not saved your arse earlier, you'd have just made a fool out of yourself and then I'd look like an idiot for dating you in the first place." He told her and her heart dropped. There was a pause in the air for a moment as she scrunched up her eyebrows, confused by his pure hatred for her. And then, anger. It hit her like a brick wall.

"Fuck you." She snapped, causing a slight reaction in his facial expression.

"Fuck me? You already did that, love." He belittled her now. She needed to keep her cool to the best of her ability. Anger had its way of making her special gift emerge.

"What the actual hell, Malfoy? Look, I know you've got your baggage and shit, but we have been best friends since the first fucking year and I have done nothing but love and care for you, and this is what I get in return?" She shouted at him, not really caring who would hear at this point if there were passerby's.

"Loved and cared about me?" He scoffed. "Is that why you broke up with me? Because you loved and cared about me so much that you just couldn't handle it?" She stared at him, almost dumbfounded by his statement. It took a moment for her to find her voice again.

"Oh, okay. I get it now." She paced in front of him, crossing her arms over her chest in a heated movement. "You're just mad because your precious little ego is broken! You're embarrassed that I left you, and not the other way around! Talk about pathetic." She spat, wanting to punch him just like Hermione had all those years ago.

"Pathetic? I'm pathetic? Is that why you keep following me around like a lost puppy dog looking for any excuse to talk to me? Face it, Pierce, you're just a little school girl with a stupid crush and you need to get over it! Bloody hell, obsess over someone else for once! I don't want you anymore. You're used up. And after you let that Weasley touch you? I'd never be with you again." His words left his mouth before he could even comprehend what he was saying, and even his eyes showed the shock he had by what left his lips. He knew he fucked this up for good.

"Go to hell, Malfoy." The lump in her throat grew larger as she turned from him, and stormed away. Leaving a selfish Draco to his own thoughts of torment.