"You're welcome, Leelee," she said happily. She ran to the doors and pulled Jake by the hand into the bathroom.

            "...take so much time over how you look? Why are you bringing me in--" Jake instantly stopped ranting when he saw me.

            I looked up at him and smiled. "So, you think it's too much?"

            He eyed me up and down. "No, not at all. I'm sure he'll love it," Jake assured me.

            Delilah punched Jake in the arm. "Ha! I told you she looked really pretty! What did I tell you?!"

            Jake shot her a look.

            Delilah's eyes flicked to mine. "So, where are you guys going to be meeting anyway? A restaurant? A concert?"

            I shook my head. "No. Somewhere way better," I said with a wide smile.

            "Jake? Do you mind taking me to the field?"

            Jake looked puzzled and crossed his arms. "What field?"

            "The field behind your yard," I explained to him once more.

            He finally understood. He nodded. "Alright. Let's go."

            Jake offered me his hand and he led me downstairs like a princess. I felt so beautiful. I would never forget this night. From beginning to end, I knew this day was going to be great.

            We finally loaded into the car but Delilah was standing on her porch, not budging.

            "Aren't you coming?" I called out to Delilah.

            She shook her head. "No, I'll be fine. Go on without me. You and your secret admirer have to have some time alone." She gave me a thumbs-up and waved goodbye.

            I waved goodbye and smiled. And we zoomed towards our next destination.           

 +++

            We finally stopped the car in front of the tree in the middle of the field. There was a slight jerk and the seatbelt stopped me.

            For a moment, I tried to collect myself before looking up at Jake who was waiting for me.

            I took a deep breath. "I'm nervous," I admitted. I felt my palms starting to sweat even though it was a temperate night. I started playing with my bracelet with my fingers.

            Jake touched my arm. "Just don't think about it. Just be yourself and everything will go right," he assured me with a smile.

            I took a deep breath and smiled back.

            "Come on," he ushered as he got out of the car. He slammed the car door.

            I rolled my eyes and got out. I jumped on my feet and onto the bright, green grass. I slammed the car door and made my way around the car to where Jake was standing silently with his hands in his pockets.

            I stopped and stood next to him, trying to follow his gaze.

            He was simply staring at the horizon.

            I wrinkled my eyebrows together. "What're you doing?"

            He bit his lip and pondered for a while. I tried to imagine what could've been on his mind.