As soon as I entered the foyer I was met with Trey's lifeless body on the ground. Glass pieces all over the floor and stairs. Blood on the walls. Jax walked in behind me and tried Hayes cell again.

It was in that exact moment, I lost my fucking mind.

I braced myself to head upstairs. I didn't know whether she was okay. I didn't know if she was alive. I didn't know anything. All I know is that she needed me and I wasn't there.

Her door was smashed open.

I saw her.

I could hear my heart beat picking up. My mind was blank.

She lay there. Covered in blood.

I fell to my knees beside her.

I placed my shaky hands on her neck and felt her pulse. It was weak but I could feel it.

I called out her name so many times. I felt like I was on the verge of breaking down. But I didn't.

"I've got you now, baby" I whisper to her. My vocal cords are straining, the words are coming out choked. "I'm here. I'm going to get you back. I promise. Everything will be okay."

I gather myself, my broken heart, my rage. I pick my Katerina up in my arms. She's completely limp. I looked down at her battered and bruised beautiful face, and wished to see her brown eyes open and look back into mine. I brushed back her bloody strands of hair and carried her down the stairs.

I was fucking hysterical, to be honest.

"Jaxon, call Chessler. Now." I said, and kept telling her she was okay.

"boss, he's out of town."

"then call a fucking ambulance Jax she's fucking dying." I yelled back.

"we can't do that Axe."

I cursed out loud and Jax was dialing Warner, the guy who Chessler said would be available.

I got in the car with her. I cradled her body in the back seat. I failed her. I promised to keep her safe, to protect her from this shit. But looking at her blood stained body, I failed her.

Her eyes were forcefully shut and her pace of breathing was slowing down. It was shallow, more like strained breaths- like it was difficult for her to make her lungs move.

There was blood dripping from somewhere.

I lifted her shirt as we stopped at a red light.

I think the world stopped turning for a good few seconds when I saw her stab wound. I shut my eyes for a second, wishing what I'm seeing isn't real.

Whoever touched her was in for the ride of their mother fucking lives.

I pulled off my coat and tied the arms around her wound and held her in place. Her skin still looked soft and I could still see the blue vein above her eyebrows. She smelt of blood but her hair smelt like coconut.

When we reached my house, Warner was already there.

Jax helped me carry her out of the car.

"Mr Kingston, I'm Dr Warner. Let's help this young lady out, shall we?" he said and I placed Katerina on the couch before meeting his eye.

I pulled out the gun from my waistband and pressed it against his forehead.

"if she dies, so do you. Do you understand me, doctor?"

He nodded and I let the gun rest there for a few seconds before removing it. I could see the fear in his eyes. He did a good job of hiding it but I've always been able to sniff it out.