22|apart

p/n=pronouns
***

the next few days were the most miserable ones of your life.

you barely slept, wondering what armin was doing. where did he even go? you woke up day after day without him next to you, his hand around you and his kisses dotting your face.

armin felt the same. you weren't there to run your fingers through his hair, rub your thumb over his hands.

he knew he was crazy. he drove all the way to eren, because where else would he go?

"what the fuck armin?"

he just put his head on eren's shoulder, letting the tears pour out. eren knew what it was about, he thinks. so he just closed the door behind him and waited till armin was ready to talk.

you couldn't just go see sasha, though. so you resorted to talking to her on the phone.

"wait! you guys aren't..done, are you?"

"no we aren't, just apart for a little."

days were lonely without armin helping you with school, watching shows with you, kissing you repeatedly while trying to make you fall asleep.

you laid in bed, tapping through your phone. it was the middle of the afternoon, the sun pouring into the room from the windows. nothing on your phone really was catching your attention, except for one thing.

a text appeared on the top of your screen, from armin.

armin: miss you, we'll talk soon.

you could almost cry at the sight, you missed armin so much. missed his voice, his touch. you clicked the call button, but it turned off right after the second ring. armin must've declined it.

sighing, you buried your face in your pillow hugging it close. before you knew it, the pillow underneath was basically soaked.
**

armin never really cried around other people,b barely his closest friends. except when eren opened that door and saw armin with red eyes and a tear-stained face.

he let armin stay with him a bit, even though he was a quieter than usual, spent more time alone, and zoning out at random times.

eren knows armin misses you, he saw it every-time eren mentioned you.

but, armin needed to get himself together before going back, or else we would say worse things that he would regret immediately.

"you can't stay here forever, y'know?" eren said, pushing a cup of hot coffee towards armin.

"i'm not going to, just a few days. until i collect myself again."

"y/n can help you with that. you were like a whole other person when you two actually became serious. in a good way. p/n brings out the best in you, armin. do you see that?"

armin thought to himself, looking down at the cup in front of him.

eren was right. you made him happy, made him feel like he had a purpose.

he loved you.

'just a few more days then i'll go back, and apologize.' armin repeated to himself, over and over.

but for now, you two were apart for another day.

***