12|happy birthday

p/n=pronouns

if you do decide to listen to the song, pay attention to the first lyrics and opening paragraph.

NO YOURE NOT PREGNANT BEFORE U READ .
**

you woke up to the smell of armin making breakfast. you sat up in bed, groaning at a sudden pain your stomach. the pain felt like a knife going through you, but you put it to the side for now. it was armin's birthday.

tip-toeing into the kitchen, you saw him standing shirtless at the stove. he was humming under his breath to the music playing chopping something.

"morning."

armin turned, his eyes going wide when he saw you. "morning!"

you walked over to him, peeking over his shoulder. "i wanna know why you're making breakfast on your birthday." you took the knife from him and set it down.

he looked at you, smiling. "you remembered!"

"armin, come on. would i ever forget? i wouldn't unless i died."

armin sat at the counter, opening the countless birthday messages he received. eren and mikasa called him while you finished up what armin was making.

"oh y/n?! p/n's right here, making breakfast. for me." armin flipped the camera onto you.

"bet p/n's got a good present for you too." eren said, him and mikasa laughing.

you looked over your shoulder, armin was turning down his volume and his face was red.

eren wasn't wrong, in a way.

***

"so, what do you wanna do?"

armin thought for a bit. "maybe the movies."

"come on, tell me what you really wanna do. go all out!"

"uhmm, i been wanting to go see my mom lately, but i don't think that would be something you would want to do aswell-"

"this is about you, not me."

"okay, fine. i wanna go to an aquarium. maybe go to a restaurant after, nothing big!"

you looked at him, then at the time.

12:30.

"okay, then get ready!"
***

"you cant see where we're going."

"what?! i know where we're going..."

"still cant see!"

you covered armin's eyes with your hand, leading him inside the aquarium. "i don't get why i can't look.."

you took your hand off his eyes, revealing where you guys stood. it was a circle type thing, you were standing in the middle of a huge tank which circled around you two. there were different type of fish and ocean life, along with beautiful colored ocean plants dotting the bottom of the tank.

armin's eyes were wide in awe. "oh wow..." he said, looking around at all the animals swimming. he looked at you, "i love you so much, like, seriously."

"love you too, and we're going out to eat after this."

he smiled, pointing in awe at a shark swimming past, a smile appearing on his face. you watched him, so happy gazing at all the animals swimming around.

"oh shit that fish looks like eren! i'm showing him this." armin took many photos, laughing.

there was that pain again, you clutched your side. armin looked over to you, his eyes filled with worry.

"are you okay y/n?"

"yeah, i probably ate something bad." you gave him a smile, and he continued to look at the aquarium.

"i'm going to go to the bathroom."

armin nodded, and you quickly slipped out of the attraction and into the single bathroom. you spit into the sink, it was red. you were spitting blood? lifting up your shirt, you felt around the bandage that was on your side. you remembered when you were carrying a glass vase inside your apartment and tripped, the glass shattered all over you and a shard made its way into your side.

the wound was bleeding again, you could see through the bandage. armin wanted to take you to get it checked, but you insisted not to.

you took a sip from a water bottle that was in your bag, swiveling it around and spitting it out. the water was tinted red. you spit more, blood staining your lip.

"y/n, are you okay?" armin called from outside the bathroom door.

"i'm fine! i'll be out soon."

you rinsed off your mouth and cleaned it off with a napkin. stepping out of the bathroom, armin was standing there, waiting. "can we see the other things?"

"of course." you said, brushing what just happened to the side.
***
"you missed the best part of the show!" armin said, taking a sip of  fancy wine. you two were now at a restaurant, a very expensive one.

he was dressed in a suit and tie, and you in your nicest clothes in your closet.

"actually, the dolphins were the best part."

"yeah sure, all they did was flip around."

"and that was the best part."

armin took a piece of your food on your plate, "yours is better than mine. switch?"

"mm, no."

"my birthday."

you playfully rolled your eyes, swapping plates with armin.

later on, waiters came out with a small lava cake with the numbers 23 on top of the cake. you recorded armin blowing out the candles, and he smiled at you.

"you made a wish?"

"i wished that the promise we made a while back, wouldn't be broken." he said, cutting the cake with a small knife.

"the always forever promise?"

armin nodded.

you held his free hand, rubbing your thumb back and forth across his knuckles.

"happy birthday armin."

***