16|wounds never really heal

p/n=pronouns
***

you woke up to the sound of sasha shuffling around, cleaning up from the night before. there was a blanket around you now, and armin was at the other side of the couch.

"sasha?"

"oh! you're awake, i was cleaning up a little." she walked over to you, looking at your injury. "let's replace this."

you followed her into the bathroom and shut the door, sitting up on the counter. "how long you staying?"

"thinking of just one more day. i missed you. plus, stellar really likes me. oh and, armin's breakfast is really good."

"mine is better,"

"well, i need to try yours first."

she applied rubbing alcohol on the scar that ran down your side.

"i wonder if that's ever going to heal.."

sasha looked up at you, "y/n, wounds, they never really heal. you'll have a cool ass scar here. you can show it off to everyone you meet." sasha ran her hand down where the cut was. "say you were fighting a home invader. saved your boyfriend. that'll sound so fucking cool."

you laughed, looking at armin who was still asleep. "we should wake him up, tell him to make us breakfast."

"i'll do it!"
***

"breakfast for the two of you." armin said, setting plates in front of you and sasha. "and you." he said, setting down a plate of catfood for stellar.

"did you replace your bandage already, y/n?" armin asked.

"yeah! sasha did. she's staying for one more day."

"we doing anything today?" he said, coming up closer to you, kissing you once.

"i didn't think so, why we need to do something?"

he kissed you again.

"new year's is coming up, mikasa is throwing a party. i was thinking we can go. she only moved an hour a way from us." another kiss.

"that's fine."

armin kissed you again.

"please, not while i'm eating!" sasha said, shutting her eyes.

"you're a grown woman!" armin yelled from the bathroom, shutting the door.

she laughed, "how are you guys not engaged yet?"

you went silent, looking down at the ground. "why ask that now?"

"nothing! i'm just curious. you guys literally live together, have a pet. shit, don't you go by his last name?"

"yeah...but, i like the way things are now. i don't want to ruin anything."

"how is engagement going to ruin anything?!"

"i don't know! it just, doesn't feel right with armin. not that i don't love him, i do love him. so much. but, i'm not paying attention to when he's going to pop the big question now."

"would you say no if he asked?"

"i would have to think about it. i don't know, i like the way we are now. can't we just stay as really close lovers forever? there's no rule against that."

sasha sighed, "you're really difficult."

"i'm going to brush my teeth." you put your plate in the sink and walked off.

"isn't armin in the bathroom?"

"so what?"

sasha laughed, "you guys act like you're already married."

you shut the door behind you, turning on the sink.

"y/n?" armin said, the water from the shower making it hard to hear.

"hm?"

"get in here."

"i'm brushing my teeth."

"well, hurry up. we can save water."
***

christmas special chapter coming up