05|caught up

p/n=pronouns

song at ••
**

"y/n! hurry up and get in the car!" armin yelled from the front door, holding stellar in his arms.

"you're gonna bring her?" you asked, holding your bag.

"of course! i don't want to leave her here alone, plus, everyone else can meet her!" he said, holding her up and smiling.

"pretty sure eren's allergic to cats."

"so what? he can get over it."

***

the drive back to where you and armin had most of your memories was 2 hours long, armin drove halfway then pulled over, looking back at you sleeping in the backseat.

"would you wanna drive the rest of the way,
y/n? i'm tired."

you opened one eye to look at armin, who was peering over the seat. "you've only been driving for an hour."

"yeah, so you can take the other hour."

you rolled over on the seat, "i'm fine, pick up some coffee or something."

you basically felt his stare on your back, thise blue-eyes of his were probably about to pierce through your skin.

"fine, fine." you got up and jumped over to the driver's side, armin hopped over to where you laid.

"wake me when we get close!" he said, basically mocking you as he watched you settle into the seat.

"yeah whatever,"

***

another hour later, you arrived at sasha's house. she was outside in a large coat, rubbing her hands together. light snow covered the grass, christmas lights were shining across the top of her doorway.

"y/n!" she squealed, running over the the driver's seat. you got out of the car and almost fell back because of how hard she ran into you.

"oh my god it's been forever," she said, rocking side to side.

"missed you, sasha." you said, tightening your hold around her.

armin came up out of the car, sasha hugging him too. "you guys are so cute together! i hear from armin all the time. here let me take a picture-"

"pictures inside! i'm freezing." you didn't put on your coat before coming out of the car, and a huge gust of wind blew. snow was falling onto armin's hair.

"oh! sorry! let me help you guys with your things." sasha was ecstatic to see you and armin again, she was jumping around and quick to help you guys with anything.

when armin brought in stellar, she basically melted. "she's so cute!" her eyes sparkled, then went dark, "i'm going to keep her."

she showed you where you two would sleep for the weekend, then put out snacks and drinks for the others who would be coming. eren, mikasa, connie and jean.

jean coming wasn't a problem at all to you, it wasn't for armin either. the past was the past, whatever happened was left 2 years ago. you were mature now.

everyone came in pairs. mikasa and eren, connie and jean.

"y/n! what the hell?" eren yelled, he was the only person who didn't know you were here.

"hello, eren." he hugged you, then stepped back to take a good look at you.

"damn, are those wrinkles already?" he said, laughing.

"eren, are those gray hairs?"

when eren, armin and mikasa saw each other again it was like watching a movie. they got all emotional, in each other's embrace.

•• mikasa held up her hand, a gold ring shining on her ring finger. eren smiled from besides her.

"oh my god," you looked at the ring, then at eren. "i'm invited right?"

"of course." eren said, looking at armin. "armin's best man."

"not even surprised," armin said jokingly. eren laughed, hugging him.

connie and jean came next, connie laughing at the sight of seeing you and running over. he greeted everyone else by making jokes on how you guys all look like middle-aged adults.

really, all of you were just in the really early 20s. no one was over 22.

you saw jean, he came up to you and said how you looked great. nothing weird or anything, just greeting you. jean and armin clicked again pretty quickly, already cracking jokes with one another.

armin brought out stellar, everyone awed over her immediately. connie and jean argued over who should keep her, even thought no one was.

sasha from the kitchen, held a bottle of wine. "who wants?"
***

everyone was laid across the living room floor in a circle, empty and half empty glasses of wine besides them. there was a bowl of chips in the center, half eaten.

you were reminiscing about college, when everyone was close, sharing funny things that happened to everyone and memories.

"remember when eren slipped and fell on-top of sasha?!" connie said, laughing.

"yeah, i also remember when you cut your hair way too short and had to wear a hat for two weeks." eren spit back, rolling his eyes. "i also remember when," he looked at armin, "you would get all nervous around y/n, and come back to me and ramble about how he would always get all awkward around you, y/n."

you looked at armin who was flushed red, dragging his hands down his face. "eren, i thought you wouldn't bring that up again."

"jean used to try to impress girls by stuffing his arms with things, to make his muscles look bigger." sasha said, holding back a cackle.

"yeah well sasha used to pretend to be in love with mikasa, seriously." jean said.

"alright, now you're just exposing my whole entire life." she said, hand on her head.

"eren got caught staring at me in class multiple times, by me." mikasa added, watching as eren looked away.

"well, who wouldn't stare?" you questioned, looking around at everyone nodding in agreement.

connie laughed, "i miss those days man."

"i miss when we had lunch together too," you said.

"yeah. i also miss those macaroons mikasa used to make." sasha groaned.

"well, everyone's here now." armin said, looking at you. "we can catch up more, for the weekend."

"or go in the snow." mikasa said, looking out the window. snow fell onto the ground, covering it. the trees were coated white, and the christmas lights from other houses shone.

"are we seriously going to go outside?" jean said.

"yes."

everyone grabbed their jackets and gloves, throwing snow at each other, kicking up snow. connie targeted you specifically.

armin pulled you aside, holding your face. the fabric of his gloves rubbed against your cheeks. "thank you." he whispered.

"for what?"

"for convincing me to take a break."

"you needed it, armin."

"i know," he kissed you, his lips warm even thought it was cold. "but thank you."

you smiled, watching as he gathered everyone together, pulling out his phone.

armin held it high, opening the camera. sasha jumped on-top of connie, eren and mikasa stood side by side with eren's arm around her. jean was holding a ball of snow. you, besides armin.

like you will be forever.
***